Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - More Battle Royale & Conquest Mode Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - More Battle Royale & Conquest Mode Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #41
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - More Battle Royale & Conquest Mode Details

So you get one free pack for 1000 stubs and potentially depending on how well you do, multiple silver, gold and possibly rare flashbacks cards for 500 stubs compared to one gold card on the market for 5,000+ stubs. I like those chances. Much more cost effective and you get to play multiple games earning you more stubs and tickets that can buy more rare captain market cards. The buy in is realistically a pack and 500 stubs which can net much more cards, stubs and tickets compared to buying cards in the market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAmy
for those of you who have played the madden version of Battle Royale, how big are these tournaments? 15 users? do you have to play straight through? taking like 5 hours to complete one? im confused of the timing of it all

Still sounds great, just wondering
It's not a structured tournament with a bracket and such. You just play random opponents who are close to you in rank. As such, you don't have to wait for people to finish their games before playing yours.

And, based on the gamestop video I think it's the same in the Show. When they did the automatching it looked like it was searching for players withing a certain rank level. It wouldn't need to do that if it was bracket-style.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Conquest is ONLINE but still single player? I guess if it requires a PS+ subscription, count me out. Unless it just needs an internet connection like NBA 2k's "online" single player modes...
Wait a minute: don't you need a PS+ subscription for rosters on the ps4? I don't see the problem if you intend on having the PS+ subscription for the rosters.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #44
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Wait a minute: don't you need a PS+ subscription for rosters on the ps4? I don't see the problem if you intend on having the PS+ subscription for the rosters.
No you don't need PS+ for rosters. Online to play multiplayer online
Old 03-08-2016, 10:21 PM   #45

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Don't you still earn stubs for every mode you play in the Show, not just DD? Doesn't seem like it's going to be that hard to scrape together 1500.
I think they're going be a little more generous with stubs this year too.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 10:31 PM   #46
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Conquest mode actually looks pretty cool.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-09-2016, 05:11 AM   #47
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

I don't understand why people are complaining about the 1500 Stubbs buy in.

There is a game called "Hearthstone" where you have to play 150 Golds to enter Arena mode (draft your cards mode), but you are guaranteed to get a card pack (100 Golds value). Sounds similar? That game is extremely popular and it's the same model.

However there is a market behind this decision also... Let's say if you earn 1500 stubbs by playing the game. You now have 3 possibilities:

- buy a standard pack for 1000 Stubbs and buy a player on the market for 500 Stubbs. This way 1000 + 50 Stubbs are going back to the Bank. (1000 for the pack and 50 for the market sale assuming 10% of TAX this year) On the other hand you get 7 new cards on the market

- buy a run in Battle Royale for 1500 Stubbs. This way, 1500 stubbs are going to the Bank (SCEA), but you also get 6-10 cards, which of course you can use in the market.

- you decide to buy a player for 1500 stubbs on the market. This way only 150 Stubbs are going to the Bank (Tax for selling), and you only get 1 new player (who in fact is not a new player on the market, because he was on the market before) If you are doing this, you are not supporting the growth of the market you are just playing it.

Howevere if your goal is to get players and not making money, you should support the growth of the market.

So, by encouraging YOU to buy packs and BR runs, there are going to be more players on the market, which leads to lower values on the market, because there are going to be more supply of players.

This is going to change the market significantly.

Last edited by ScouserHUN; 03-09-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #48
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
buy a run in Battle Royale for 1500 Stubbs. This way, 1500 stubbs are going to the Bank (SCEA), but you also get 6-10 cards, which of course you can use in the market.
Even though I will never probably win a BR (shoot I may not play more than once or twice) I hope that the unique cards that can only be won in BR as awards are not sellable on the market.

When they say that Nolan Ryan can only be acquired in Battle Royale I hope that means that we won't see a flood of his cards on the Market, which would negate one of the incentives to play BR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »