Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #1489
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

We have now lost 3 straight as the Twins beat us 3 out of the 4 in our interleague series. Injuries took out our pitching staff as we had the following:

Michael Wacha - Shoulder issue - Most likely heading to DL
Madison Bumgarner - Elbow Inflammation - Most likely heading to DL
Seung Hwan Oh - Torn Rotator Cuff - 60 Day DL/Season Ending - Most likely career ending

I'm trying to determine the best course of action at this point. Who to call up, who to move around...I'm just still trying to wrap my head around be hit this hard by injuries. We are 5 1/2 games out and 2 games under .500 at this point. Plenty of time, late May, to get back into things and Bumgarner and Wacha will definitely be back, but damn this hurts.

Next up is 3 in LA vs the Angels. Just need a win.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-07-2017, 07:29 PM   #1490
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
We have now lost 3 straight as the Twins beat us 3 out of the 4 in our interleague series. Injuries took out our pitching staff as we had the following:

Michael Wacha - Shoulder issue - Most likely heading to DL
Madison Bumgarner - Elbow Inflammation - Most likely heading to DL
Seung Hwan Oh - Torn Rotator Cuff - 60 Day DL/Season Ending - Most likely career ending

I'm trying to determine the best course of action at this point. Who to call up, who to move around...I'm just still trying to wrap my head around be hit this hard by injuries. We are 5 1/2 games out and 2 games under .500 at this point. Plenty of time, late May, to get back into things and Bumgarner and Wacha will definitely be back, but damn this hurts.

Next up is 3 in LA vs the Angels. Just need a win.
Man those pitching injuries are killer. I had the padres and lost 3/5 of the rotation and had to utilize a 4 man rotation as my minor league squad didn't have anyone ready. Had to go dumpster diving to patch things up. Made it interesting but went like 30-55 in that stretch until I got all 3 back. Crazy times.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #1491
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

We took 2 out of 3 from the Angels. After Carlos Martinez pitched 7 beautiful innings in game 1, our bullpen blew up and lost the game. We managed to come from behind and win game 2, and Marco Gonzales who was called up to make a start due to the injuries, pitched a gem as he went 7 innings, 3 hits, 0 runs, and striking out 4. Seth Maness who was sent to Memphis last season and again this Spring, pitched 2 scoreless innings allowing 1 hit as he was called up, along with Louis Coleman, to help give our regulars in the pen a much needed rest.

Next up is a road trip to close out the month of May starting with the Diamondbacks.

Michael Wacha was added to the DL due to shoulder injury, but Bumgarner apparently is ok as he came back as healthy a day or so after the injury. So the blow to our rotation wasn't nearly as bad.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #1492
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

Just entering ALCS for second straight year with my fantasy drafted A's. Won it all year one and looking to repeat as champs. All four teams in said round are small market teams... in the AL you have the Twins and A's, and in the NL you have the Pirates and Padres. should be a fun round for all.... right now the Pirates and Padres are tied up at one game apiece. Hopefully, that series goes even and I can sweep the twins...
Old 10-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #1493
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Our 4 game winning streak came to and end with a 2-0 loss to the Diamondbacks. Martinez pitched great allowing two solo homers and striking out 11. Once again our bats let us down as we would have runners in scoring position only to strand them there.

Really wish I could view potential hitting coach replacements without having to first fire my current one.

Next up is 3 in Wrigley. Cubs playing great despite Rizzo being out for the year.

We are currently 24-24 and 6 1/2 games behind the Pirates

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Old 10-23-2017, 11:20 PM   #1494
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Our 4 game winning streak came to and end with a 2-0 loss to the Diamondbacks. Martinez pitched great allowing two solo homers and striking out 11. Once again our bats let us down as we would have runners in scoring position only to strand them there.

Really wish I could view potential hitting coach replacements without having to first fire my current one.

Next up is 3 in Wrigley. Cubs playing great despite Rizzo being out for the year.

We are currently 24-24 and 6 1/2 games behind the Pirates

What year are you in? I enjoy reading your updates. I just couldn't figure it out since you stayed with The Show 16 this year.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #1495
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
What year are you in? I enjoy reading your updates. I just couldn't figure it out since you stayed with The Show 16 this year.

Thanks for following

I'm in year 2018 so 3rd season with '16. Some hiccups last year and then deciding between '16 and '17 this year slowed me down.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #1496
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Been a while since updates:

We have completed the month of May and are now 5 1/2 games behind the Pirates as we sit 2 games above .500 (28-26). We finished the month with a 4 game split against the Giants. And yes MadBum pitched in this series and yes he dominated until the 5th inning when he had to be pulled due to injury. Thankfully it was a day to day thing and he's back at full strength.

As we head into the pivotal month of June in positioning and evaluating our roster, the biggest concerns we have are SS (Diaz just hitting .193). We have turned this position over to Tejada and he's hitting over .320 right now, but his fielding is nowhere near as smooth as Diaz. Another concern is that we don't have a number 6 hitter on the roster at the moment, although I'm thinking that from June 1st thru Father's Day, we are going to hit Stephen Piscotty in this spot and move Tejada to the number 2 hole that Piscotty currently holds. I love having Piscotty at the number 2 spot as he had bat control to hit and run when Sierra is on, and hits for good enough average to put runners on for Carpenter/Holliday/Grichuk. But we are getting no run production from this spot, so this 2 week experiment is well worth it in my opinion.

The last issue we have is the fact that Holliday is struggling. He's hitting .230, had little power at his age, and isn't driving in runs. We can move him from the cleanup spot and put Grichuk there, but then Holliday is hitting 5th. Thought about moving him to the 2 hole, but then we are back in the situation where we have no run producers in the middle of the order. I still have faith that he'll turn things around, but after 2 months its becoming a big concern.

As for the biggest surprises in baseball are the fact that the Braves lead the NL East with the Phillies (Joe Maddon manager) are in 2nd just 3 games out. The Mets are mixed in there, while the Marlins are 4th and the Nationals are 10+ out already.

Another surprise is that despite letting MadBum walk, the Giants are battling the Dodgers for the top spot in the West. The Giants are 2 games behind and with MadBum out, Johnny Cueto is taking charge with a 9-0 record thus far with a 1.23 ERA.

Rays lead the AL East
Indians lead the AL Central
Astros lead the AL West
Braves lead the NL East
Pirates lead the NL Central
Dodgers lead the NL West

We begin the month of June at home with the surprising Braves. Pivotal month to determine if we have a shot at a 3rd straight Central division crown or if we are going to be hunting the wildcard. Also will determine what we do in 6-8 weeks when the trade deadline comes up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »