Home

Carryover Franchise issues?

This is a discussion on Carryover Franchise issues? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #89
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Carryover Franchise issues?

I've noticed another issue with carry over saves. Happened last year as well. The public address announcer has the wrong year. I'm in the 2017 season and he thinks it's 2019!

Not a big deal, I find it kind of funny.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:58 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Carried over my franchise last night. The issues aren't as bad, at least in my humble opinion, as they were being made out to be.
I didn't even know about them until I came in this thread.

I saw the stats and figured it was new stats. New fields in databases and all that.

The morale was more worrisome because that impacts signing/extending guys and some of these guys are...not Aces - but I was going to roll with it and see - now I know it will fix itself.

I couldn't start over anyway, well I mean I could and probably will make a new franchise (or three), but being in 2021 (carryover from MLB14->MLB15->MLB16 - and yes, I play every ML game no QCs or FFs) and watching fictionals starting to come into their own across the league as well as young "real" phenoms reaching their peaks - I can't leave it behind.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:14 AM   #91
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIBHAWKSRULE
tried carrying over my franchise in 2015 playoffs and going through offseason in 16 all 3 times it crashed the game while I was managing the roster adding/removing players to 40 man roster... Went back to 15 and went thru offseason in it and then transferred to 16 again before spring training so far no more crashes but now the morale is screwed up.. every starter expecting to be an ace, every reliever expects to be a closer and every pos player expects to be a star oh well not a big deal tho. Hoping that can be cleared up in the next patch..
If you check my earlier post, it happens on the changeover day. Mine's 6 November right after Game 7 of the WS. You can do whatever you want on changeover day except go ahead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #92
Rookie

Yup just bought the game finally and encountered the problems with Carry over.

Day after world series which i won in 15. the Game crashes first day in the offseason. I had a save from before the playoffs started in 15, tried that save and simmed ahead, same thing, first day after the world series the game crashes

Hopefully theres a fix for the carry over franchise people. Im kind of attached to my team as i play majority of my games and im 4 seasons deep
Old 04-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #93
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
If you check my earlier post, it happens on the changeover day. Mine's 6 November right after Game 7 of the WS. You can do whatever you want on changeover day except go ahead.
So is this just a playoff transfer bug? I carried over from like mid season and then based on that save I simmed like 6 seasons just messing around in 16 and everything worked fine.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:14 PM   #94
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
So I transferred my Cubs franchise from 15 over. I was in the playoffs at the time of the transfer and simulated to the offseason since I missed them. I've noticed that a LOT of the players from the last draft are missing. I only have 1 of mine and out of the top 10 picks, only 2 are on the rosters.

I've checked the list of Free Agents and the signings page for each team and they are nowhere to be found.

I really hope they show back up and aren't gone for good, or that would be very disappointing.
UPDATE: I'm in Spring Training now and the players did not come back. It really sucks to see all of these prospects gone.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #95
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
So is this just a playoff transfer bug? I carried over from like mid season and then based on that save I simmed like 6 seasons just messing around in 16 and everything worked fine.
Maybe. Might just be a final day of the league year thing, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #96
Rookie

i have a sim from 15 on september 21 before the playoffs, the game still crashes the day after the world series lol

hopefully a patch can address the carry over issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »