Home

Decision I didn't expect

This is a discussion on Decision I didn't expect within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Decision I didn't expect

Like most of you folks, I preordered MLB 16. When I saw the expanded career stats in Franchise and the ability to play RTTS from game to game without exiting to menu, I was sold. But, while I was waiting for 3/29/16, I was playing MLB 15 on my Vita (as I did most of last year, just played some on the PS4), and enjoying it. Now, it is 3/31 and my MLB 16 is still on my table, still in its packaging as I debate whether to return it. I just don't think I can give up the cross play on my Vita. I guess the purpose of my post is just to express my sadness that Sony ignored its own platform and made me even have to make this decision. Sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Decision I didn't expect

I'll counter your sadness and post and tell SCEA and Sony thank you from the bottom of my heart. For a amazing stellar visually beautiful video game year after year. Can't wait to start the Diamond Dynasty league with fellow OS'ers next week!
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 03-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

No need to keep fueling a system that never had sold to its potential. It does suck the Vita never got the support it needed to succeed, but honestly I cannot blame SCEA for ignoring it.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElroyJetson
I'll counter your sadness and post and tell SCEA and Sony thank you from the bottom of my heart. For a amazing stellar visually beautiful video game year after year. Can't wait to start the Diamond Dynasty league with fellow OS'ers next week!
Yeah, i don't think the guy is saying he hates Sony or that he doesn't think they make a great baseball game year to year.

He's upset, because some of us travel a lot and don't have time to sit in front of the PS4 for hours on end. He lost the ability to cross play and he's sad about that. I don't blame him. It sucks.

I think it was the right decision for Sony to do what they did, but there is no use in minimizing someone who got a great deal of pleasure playing one of the only games he could in that way.

All I can say to the original poster is, it sucks, but you can play 15 forever and if it is a huge deal to you, you can skip this version. The problem is any career you want to continue if you change your mind next year will be impacted by not having '16. You can always pick up '16 in the bargain bin and not have to pay full price, however.

I feel you. When I found out about it, I was bummed. I'll now have split careers for the two players I've created. (one hitter, one pitcher) They will have an arc on the vita and an arc on the PS. What kills me more than anything is I wish they could have had one more year on the Vita and made the same improvements to load times as they did on the PS4. That would have been a dream.

At least when I'm home, i can go into the backyard, relax and use remote play. We still have that going for us.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:52 AM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah it sucks Sony pulled Vita support. I wish they would have marketed it better. I was considering picking up a vita for crossplay when i bought my ps4 but then noticed The Show wouldn't be there. So there was no point. Sadly it's not Sony didn't realize how great of a portable system they had and under utilized that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Ow long will we be able to go back and forth on 15?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

It sucks that the Via doesn't have support this year. But it's all but dead now Sony BARELY supports anymore, so why would one of their 1st party studios.

That being said while I understand what you're saying, the PS4 version is just too good not to play.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Yeah it sucks Sony pulled Vita support. I wish they would have marketed it better. I was considering picking up a vita for crossplay when i bought my ps4 but then noticed The Show wouldn't be there. So there was no point. Sadly it's not Sony didn't realize how great of a portable system they had and under utilized that.
Felt the need that this needed a separate post, got a bit to say on this particular topic.

The Vita is tremendous handheld console and is the best you can that's not a tablet or other mobile device. Unfortunately the Vita just didn't get the support from developers and publishers, mostly because the PSP was too easy to pirate games for, so they were a bit nervous to games on it. So in short if don't have quality software, it can be challenging to sell the hardware.

As for the other dedicated gaming console, I believe that the only reason the Nintendo 3DS is doing well is because:

1. It's a Nintendo handheld, that isn't easy to pirate
2. It has multiple touch screens which has potential for lots of unique and fun games
3D. It's 3D!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »