Home

RTTS Infield Defense-ball not as bright

This is a discussion on RTTS Infield Defense-ball not as bright within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 06:54 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Infield Defense-ball not as bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Definitely. The difference from last year is the red circle around the ball was removed. I haven't checked to see if it can be turned on or not in RttS. I've missed balls that went right past me with my RttS 3rd baseman just because I couldn't see the ball in time to react correctly. Showtime helps this some, but that is not something I want to rely on for routine ground balls. I'm only in AAA with my player, I'm thinking of starting over with an outfielder just because fielding so far with my 3rd baseman isn't much fun so far.

Can I just clarify something please?

Are you saying that playing as a 3B in RTTS (or any other position other than P) there is no halo around the ball?

I only ever play as a SP in RTTS and have done for years, and am doing again this year, and one of the first things I do is turn off ball halo.

However, in 16, unlike in previous versions, there is no ball halo on or off option and in my RTTS any balls in play or foul have a halo, which totally destroys any immersion I have playing as a SP.

So basically you want a halo (understandable) and don't have one, and I don't want a halo but do have one?
Old 04-05-2016, 08:15 AM   #10
Rookie

Pandabear218's Arena

I don't know that I want a halo... But maybe just a brighter white on the ball to be able to see it better?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCAAF: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
NFL: Atlanta Falcons
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 04-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #11
Rookie

Bruinboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow, I thought this was because I am an old guy. I mean really old. Glad to hear you youngins' are having the same problem. Having said that, I'm playing third and really having a challenging time picking up the ball off the bat. Any improvement would be welcomed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #12
Rookie

fullmetal2405's Arena

OVR: 4

Playing first I'm having a tough time as well. The ball seems to be moving faster on grounders than it did last year. I've been focusing on the batter as the pitch is being thrown and seem to have a better time picking it up that way. I'm recalling seeing a halo on every one, though. At work now so I can't double check on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

It's definitely harder to gauge the ball off the bat at SS on RTTS. I've missed maybe 2 routine plays at SS in 6 seasons of MLB 15. I've missed 3 so far in my July of my rookie year on MLB 16 and I have fielding at 99 and reaction at 95. I've also had trouble with pop up to shallow outfield where I will hold L towards the ball indicator, then the camera angle changes and I'm suddenly moving in the wrong direction. However, I have made so many diving and leaping catches via ShowTime, I've lost count.

Last edited by kilmar1; 04-05-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #14
Rookie

Pandabear218's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar1
It's definitely harder to gauge the ball off the bat at SS on RTTS. I've missed maybe 2 routine plays at SS in 6 seasons of MLB 15. I've missed 3 so far in my July of my rookie year on MLB 16 and I have fielding at 99 and reaction at 95. I've also had trouble with pop up to shallow outfield where I will hold L towards the ball indicator, then the camera angle changes and I'm suddenly moving in the wrong direction. However, I have made so many diving and leaping catches via ShowTime, I've lost count.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks lost like last years Easter eggs when the camera shifts during a play...

NCAAF: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
NFL: Atlanta Falcons
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 04-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #15
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

I was playing 1st and 3rd with the same problems so I started to move my guy further back to give me time to react. But I'm not getting back to the base in time or to field a bunt. So I moved to RF.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »