Home

Baserunners Diving Back on Line Drive Hits (Glitch or User Error?)

This is a discussion on Baserunners Diving Back on Line Drive Hits (Glitch or User Error?) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 06:53 PM   #9
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Baserunners Diving Back on Line Drive Hits (Glitch or User Error?)

This is definitely a glitch. Pretty sure its related to auto base running only. I just turned the game off again due to my runner on first and second diving back to the base after a hit with two outs.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Again happened! Ugh. Could it be R2? Like maybe I'm squeezing R2? Would that do it?
R2 shouldn't send runners back.

I just played a game and hit a few line drives and didn't notice any runners diving back to the base.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #11
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
R2 shouldn't send runners back.

I just played a game and hit a few line drives and didn't notice any runners diving back to the base.
Are you using auto baserunning? I just don't understand why you aren't seeing this while everyone else is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #12
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Are you using auto baserunning? I just don't understand why you aren't seeing this while everyone else is?
Well, not everyone else is, that's a little bit of an overstatement

I use manual baserunning (Assist is what it is actually called in the settings), and I have not seen this happen a single time. Probably about 30 games played total between franchise, exhibition, and Conquest. I did have Victor Martinez get thrown out at 2nd base on a line drive to right field. But not because he dove back to the bag. He held between 1st and 2nd for just a second to make sure the ball wasn't caught, and when his speed is only 11, that was enough to cost him. But I have not seen any occurrences of runners diving back to the bag on a hit.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:28 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
I don't use auto baserunning and neither does the OP

Not everyone else is seeing this issue.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #14
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
This is definitely a glitch. Pretty sure its related to auto base running only. I just turned the game off again due to my runner on first and second diving back to the base after a hit with two outs.
Again, I DO NOT use Auto-Baserunning. Just the Default option.

The one constant, for me, when I am seeing this issue, is when I hit line drives with Power Swing. I'll hit a line drive with Power Swing and the runners on base will immediately dive back to the bag on contact, as if they think an infielder is going to catch it and double them up, but the ball is usually through for a single. Sometimes it happens where its a Power Swing hard ground ball and the guy on base never advances and it becomes an easy force out.

This happened to me at least 5 times yesterday alone. I am an experienced player as well, playing for 6 generations now. Totally confused by this. I will say I am noticing this much more this year (I have noticed this issue in past games), and I think that may because I am using Power Swing much more this year.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Again, I DO NOT use Auto-Baserunning. Just the Default option.

The one constant, for me, when I am seeing this issue, is when I hit line drives with Power Swing. I'll hit a line drive with Power Swing and the runners on base will immediately dive back to the bag on contact, as if they think an infielder is going to catch it and double them up, but the ball is usually through for a single. Sometimes it happens where its a Power Swing hard ground ball and the guy on base never advances and it becomes an easy force out.

This happened to me at least 5 times yesterday alone. I am an experienced player as well, playing for 6 generations now. Totally confused by this. I will say I am noticing this much more this year (I have noticed this issue in past games), and I think that may because I am using Power Swing much more this year.
I'm wondering if power swing has something to do with it??? I never use power swing and have not seen this issue.

Do you still see the issue using contact swing?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #16
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm wondering if power swing has something to do with it??? I never use power swing and have not seen this issue.

Do you still see the issue using contact swing?

I have been rarely using contact swing. This bug has already been reported and gotten 9 votes...so it seems others are definitely experiencing this:

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10637

Apparently it is tied to Assisted Baserunning or the Default Option...

...but then why aren't more experiencing it? Maybe those options in conjunction with Power Swing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »