Home

What's going on with Analog fielding?

This is a discussion on What's going on with Analog fielding? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

OVR: 0
What's going on with Analog fielding?

Seems to be an absolute mess when it comes to infield throws.

I'm not doing anything different than what I've always done on previous versions but it seems every time i get a ground ball to turn a double play the SS or 2B throws it over the other fielders head at 2nd, easy throws too.

I'm constantly having to game ignore my input completely as well as the first baseman running toward the dugout when I'm inputting him to goto first for the put out after fielding a grounder.

Wanted to find out if it's a universal issue befire I submit a bug report.

Just had to reset the game after going up 3-0 in the first thanks to the above errors, don't mind getting fielding errors but it was like watching people play baseball blindfolded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 06:32 PM   #2
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What's going on with Analog fielding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc

I'm not doing anything different than what I've always done on previous versions but it seems every time i get a ground ball to turn a double play the SS or 2B throws it over the other fielders head at 2nd, easy throws too.

I'm constantly having to game ignore my input completely as well as the first baseman running toward the dugout when I'm inputting him to goto first for the put out after fielding a grounder.

Just had to reset the game after going up 3-0 in the first thanks to the above errors, don't mind getting fielding errors but it was like watching people play baseball blindfolded.

If you post some videos, I may be able to help...
Old 04-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #3
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

I've also seen quite a few fielding oddities the last few weeks.

I've had fielders come to a complete stop and stare at nothing with a preloaded throw.

I've had fielders go after a ball quickly, then slow down suddenly, and watch as the ball rolls past them.

Ive had my first baseman spin in a 360 degree circle instead of moving 3 feet to his left and step on 1st for a an out.

I've had the cutoff man ignore the ball after hitting the cutoff prompt, and just stare at the ball as it passed him. Both the pitcher and catcher also ignore the ball and it rolls to the wall behind the plate.

All these happened with Analog Fielding, as that's what I use exclusively.

I had a few of these saved, and ready to post but my thread got locked for having the word "Bug" and "Glitch" in the title.

Some made it up before it got closed though.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-videos.html
Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc

I am playing on HOF and double plays have been fine so far. What color input are you getting when you make the throw?

In regards to the first baseman are you using the corresponding base button when in the vicinity of the bag to take him directly there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »