Home

Cut off throw L1 question

This is a discussion on Cut off throw L1 question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Cut off throw L1 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
I see what you are saying now.

No, the AI will not cutoff for you with AutoFielding if your are using manual throwing. If you want to throw home, that is your decision. Imagine if the AI did cut in this circumstance, and you thought you would have had him at the plate...not good. You could throw directly to the cutoff using the L1 button as suggested earlier in the thread if you want to hold the runner behind. If you want full control, then you need to go all manual.

As far as the CPU decisions in this situation, there will be a cut in two cases:

1) No chance of getting the runner out at home
2) The runner will still be out with the throw through the cutoff

If you are seeing cutoffs that do not result in an out when a throw straight to home would definitely have gotten the out, that's a bug. Please report it.
Hi..yes I use L1 when I know I can't get the runner given the outfielder arm strength. And I understand the full control option. I will submit bug report on AI. I can't say a straight throw would definitely result in an out. What I can say is that the AI is cutting throws that IRL the infielder would not cut as there is a play at home. My only suggestion, if possible, is to add the option with AutoFielding ON to cut a throw. This would be similar to auto baserunning where you can manually trigger a steal or override an auto runner. I think there are quite a few who would welcome the cutoff option. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »