Home

Do players regress a lot in franchise again this year?

This is a discussion on Do players regress a lot in franchise again this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #17
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do players regress a lot in franchise again this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I don't even look at overall. I had Beltran as a 69 overall and he hit .290 18 Hrs for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Well, the average player hit 16 HR's in 2015, so 18 wouldn't be unusual.
Now if he got 40 and had less than 50 Power, that OVRALL 69 would standout.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I wouldn't think it was that big a deal if it had happened after the season, but on June 1, does this mean that he'll drop 12-15 points by season's end? I guess I'll find out.

I'm already noticing a drop in how effective Lackey is. It adds another layer of thoughtfulness and intrigue to the game, I guess. However, if this proves consistant, I may be prone to just totally avoid older players in the future.

It depends. And not all older guys fall off.

Chapman is still blowing people away in my carryover at 34. Bastardo is 36 and still has 95 H/9 and K/9. My Chris Davis is 35 and still literally 99 Power vs RHP and over 80 Contact vs RHP. His OVR is dropping (now down to 85/A), but 80 Contact and 99 Power = Monster.

Homer Bailey is 34 and his 80 H/9, 83 BB/9, 88 Vel

Darell "OP 70 MPH Curve" Pate is 34 and 83/71/70/64 in his /9 with 97 movement

Eric Young has fallen down at 35, but still 80's in speed/baserunning with 70 defense - so still worth a roster spot as a contact hitter/defensive sub/PR.

This is just the two teams I'm in a game with now. I don't load up on older guys, but if one is useful and has solid ratings, I'll take a look at him.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #19
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I thought that Id add to the thread that I've gotten to July, and the regression for the older players wasn't as severe as it had been the first two months. Perhaps the game had gotten them closer to what it feels their appropriate levels are now?

All of my players are regressing like crazy in discipline, which must be tied directly to the amount of walks that they take. Sadly, walks are he hardest thing to do in the game, so I don't have much of a solution. Zobrist is hit the hardest, with a -11 in the catagory, even though he's my team leader in number of walks taken and walk rate.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:03 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
All of my players are regressing like crazy in discipline, which must be tied directly to the amount of walks that they take. Sadly, walks are he hardest thing to do in the game, so I don't have much of a solution. Zobrist is hit the hardest, with a -11 in the catagory, even though he's my team leader in number of walks taken and walk rate.

I noticed that last year, too, with the Discipline dropping like a brick. Vision also, even if they don't strike out that much (my Marlins are #1 in fewest K's).
Old 05-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #21
Rookie

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-results.html

Interesting thread on player progressions...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #22
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I noticed that last year, too, with the Discipline dropping like a brick. Vision also, even if they don't strike out that much (my Marlins are #1 in fewest K's).
My Cubs are among the best in fewest K's, and most have the vision going up, actually. However, that's likely because it was low for many of them to begin with, so the game is normalizing it since they aren't striking out. For example, Kris Bryant started with a very low vision number, around 30 I think, and he's up about 10 points at mid season.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #23
Rookie

If it wasn't for quick counts I wouldn't draw any walks. With QC on I draw about 5 per game.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #24
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

It's better than it has been in past years, but this game still hates players over 35.

I'm in the 2017 season and despite being one of the best players in the league performance wise, Jose Bautista's ratings are melting. Two months in and at least a -4 in every category (except drag bunts for some reason he's +4, which is dumb he's never even attempted a drag bunt).

This game is in desperate need of a revamp of the progression/regression system. I'm not sure I have a better solution but as it stands right now there I would be stupid to go after any 34+ year old in free agency. I know that their attributes will drop like flies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »