Home

Possible Solution: Complete Games and Shutouts in Simulated Games

This is a discussion on Possible Solution: Complete Games and Shutouts in Simulated Games within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:03 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Possible Solution: Complete Games and Shutouts in Simulated Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Stamina sliders impact simmed games as does injury slider.
Significantly. A combination of minimum hook (that one matters too) and maximum starter stamina can put almost the entire league leaders page (that's 50 players deep) for EACH LEAGUE over 200 IP with no edits from the stock SCEA rosters. And the opposite combination can ensure no starter in the league breaks 230, maybe even 220.

It's possible to lower the CG's down to where they almost look realistic at max hook, min stamina - but you'll destroy innings pitched if you do. Personally I just want to find a happy medium where CG's aren't TOO outlandish, and the IP leaders are relatively close to real life.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #10
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I just simmed another calendar day using the Sportscast Manager, and still no complete games!
Try doing that for the full season and see what the result is...lots of work I know lol.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:52 AM   #11
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Try doing that for the full season and see what the result is...lots of work I know lol.
It'll be about a week until I'm back at it--on vacation!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 0

I think sliders may be able to fix this but going to need to do some more testing. I started doing some testing last night for just a little while. I am doing some stuff right now but I may try some more testing soon. I did testing with starter stamina at 0, manager hook at 10 and I think reliever stamina at I think 5. When I did that the amount of complete games and shutouts went down and the amount of guys with 200 innings went down. How ever with doing that the amount of innings pitched by relievers went way way up. I had one guy who had 140 innings pitched and I had a lot of other relievers with like 90-120 innings pitched. Last year the most innings pitched by a reliever in real life was like 85 or something.

I then tried I think starter stamina at 3, manager hook at 8 and reliever stamina at 0. When I did that the amount of starters with 200 innings was put good maybe a little high. I had like 37 pitchers with 200 or more. I think most years in real life there are about 30. With those settings the most innings by a reliever was life 91 and a lot of guys where like 80-85 how ever the amount of games I think was kind of high as I had a few guys who pitched like 100-110. I don't know last year who had pitched the most games but 100 games sounds kind of high.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:57 PM   #13
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

It does work. Been doing it since 14. In my 2014 franchise, the leader was 5 with 2 at 4. In 15, the complete game leader was 6 and second place had 3 (there was like 4). Alot of work yes, but it takes an extra 10 minutes. Worth it for realistic results
Old 05-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #14
Banned

what were your starter/reliever stamina settings, along with manager hook, to achieve your results.

thanks
Old 05-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPU32
what were your starter/reliever stamina settings, along with manager hook, to achieve your results.

thanks
I would also like to know, hitstreak. What are the settings and actual process to get realistic sim pitching complete games? I have lowered sp stamina and raised hook slider, but still get too many complete games when simming.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »