Home

Suggestions for upping difficulity?

This is a discussion on Suggestions for upping difficulity? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Suggestions for upping difficulity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
In fact, in my 30 hit game I think I laid off about 100 pitches but did not walk once. Maybe this means I am swinging too much but getting hits anyway when I shouldn't?
Look at your chased rate. If that's low, then probably not (at least not on pitches out of the zone).

Also look at your missed rate. If you're not missing many swings, then you probably could just drop contact by a couple (or more) and go for it.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #10
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Look at your chased rate. If that's low, then probably not (at least not on pitches out of the zone).

Also look at your missed rate. If you're not missing many swings, then you probably could just drop contact by a couple (or more) and go for it.
I can't remember specific numbers, but I know I went from chasing a ton to chasing about the same or less than my opponent in a given game. Don't know the #.

I know off the top of my head that I don't miss a lot. I do foul off a lot. I think I will experiment with contact as well as CPU control. Earlier you said "they may well throw 2 balls then 3 straight strikes." which from my experience makes sense. I seem to get ahead in the count and then get a hit before I even need to try to draw a walk. If the only way around that is to bump the diffuculty, then I might try it.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #11
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Dynamic difficulty will solve everything. It won't let you stay on veteran long if you're playing well and when you go into a slump it will drop you back down to veteran. Also there is a slider for Dynamic that controls how quickly you move back and forth between difficulties.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 12:01 AM   #12
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Dynamic difficulty will solve everything. It won't let you stay on veteran long if you're playing well and when you go into a slump it will drop you back down to veteran. Also there is a slider for Dynamic that controls how quickly you move back and forth between difficulties.
Can you adjust sliders while using Dynamic?
Old 05-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #13
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
Can you adjust sliders while using Dynamic?
Affirmitive ghost rider
#44Syracuse
Old 07-25-2016, 05:01 AM   #14
Just started!

Yea my team is hitting to many homeruns over 50 homeruns and just started the 2nd month...any ideas how to decrease this?
Old 07-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #15
Rookie

If you want realistic results, increase difficulty. IMO @ 30 hits a game your clearly outplaying your level, regardless of what you were in previous years.

My advice is to up to a hitting level where you are getting anywhere from 2-15 hits depending on who you are facing. You should really be blowing out Os SPs, but if you do that against a 90+ rated then too much. Then you can match your pitching difficulty/sliders so that the AI can keep up with your hitting. Try going 2 difficulties up and see if you get dominated then go down.
My one gripe with dynamic is it's great to establish a baseline but it's hard to get the perfect sliders with it because you flip flop between 2 difficulties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENVCR
My one gripe with dynamic is it's great to establish a baseline but it's hard to get the perfect sliders with it because you flip flop between 2 difficulties.

Choose the one you want and when you get there, set the sensitivity (or whatever that very first slider is called) to 0. Then it won't change from what I've read on here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »