Home

Wow Manager mode is a lot of fun.

This is a discussion on Wow Manager mode is a lot of fun. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wow Manager mode is a lot of fun.

Audbul. When you're on the calendar screen and pick the next game you''re given a few options pick organizations games. Then it will give you play game, simulate manager, and manage.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #10
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

I use to play MOM exclusively. Now a days I like to make me a pitcher on the team and player lock that game then Manage the other games. That way my playing abilities (or lack there of) doesn't effect all the players.

Does anyone use the sportscast manage option? I've used it a little but the fact you can't double switch kinda kills it.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #11
Rookie

mannyt55's Arena

OVR: 2

For me, MoM is the only way to play Franchise Mode. I like to be the GM/Coach in sports games. I watch games in 2K, wish we could in Madden (or better yet, give us a full on Head Coach mode). It makes the ratings matter even more.

I get my actual gameplay fix from RTTS. I have two RTTS saved, SP and RF. Get my hitting, fielding and pitching fix lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #12
MVP

Is there a mode other than manage mode?
Old 05-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 2

I've been a MoM player in a Season mode since MLB 12 though it was MLB 13 when I really became interested in the mode with the introduction of the Dugout camera view. The Press box camera view does give you a better look at the defensive alignments as well as the pitch locations. But I like the Dugout view for two reasons. First, it's in the dugout where the manager sits and views the game from. Second, it's the only camera view in the game that does not switch from one camera to another when the pitcher winds up, throws the pitch, the batter makes contact and the fielders play the ball. The Dugout camera view follows the ball for the entire duration of the play. Not everyone will like the Dugout camera view. But for me, it's the only way I play MoM games.

PS: As MoM players sure we aren't hitting and fielding, but our decisions in the game do effect the out come of the games and I am often making decisions on almost every batter that comes to the plate whether or not the batter is from my team or the opposition. Don't let any non-MoM player tell you otherwise.

Last edited by My993C2; 05-22-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #14
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

I enjoy the MOM and using either the dugout view or press box. I kind of wish sometimes the press box view wouldn't zoom in on HR's though.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Before the forum police close you down there is another large thread for MoM - for the few and the brave that play MoM.

Personally I like the Backstop camera or the Broadcast camera - I play Backstop for most of the game and watch the sun set and then Broadcast fo the final few innings

Quote:
Is manager mode basically your just watching the game and making subs and defensive positioning? Might seem like a silly question but I'm curious
You can still do many things like pitching strategy and so forth - the only BIG difference is that you do not have to be GOOD at being a thumb jockey - just strategy

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...de-thread.html

Last edited by Grinder12000; 05-22-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #16
MVP

forme95's Arena

Im a big manage mode player also. I have not picked up 16 yet, but you really have me itching to go get it. Who's sliders did you end up going with?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »