Home

This game does not reward PCI timing. Also, the BABIP is horrendously low.

This is a discussion on This game does not reward PCI timing. Also, the BABIP is horrendously low. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game does not reward PCI timing. Also, the BABIP is horrendously low.

Also, it's basically impossible to get 3 strikeouts against any good hitter online with hitting settings below legendary.

These 3 things are MAJOR MAJOR flaws in this game.

I win 80 percent of my matches but it's still unrealistic. I'll get HR's on off center hits with the PCI and get out after out after out if I get almost dead center with good timing.

Unrealistic.

I played whatever the level below legendary is for hitting and that's a joke. I have gone five games without striking out. PCI is massive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 01:21 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: This game does not reward PCI timing. Also, the BABIP is horrendously low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbalive20092010
I'll get HR's on off center hits with the PCI and get out after out after out if I get almost dead center with good timing.

Unrealistic.

If you're off center but under the ball, then that's pretty decent. You lifted the ball and if you hit it well, it carries out.

Now the outs on line drives are too much. BABIP seems to be all over the place, really. Of course, that "makes sense" given the game doesn't operate using BABIP, including BABIP by batted ball types.

Not to mention hitters don't actually have batted ball profiles (which help govern their expected BABIP). Of course, people would probably then gripe that the hitters are too much to their BIP profiles and not user input.

Also, it's probably a "game balance" thing. Imagine if you were great at hitting line drives and liners fell in at the 70-ish percent rate they do irl? (Line drives have about a .700 BABIP in the real game)

Unless the user interface can be made to that the typical user hits line drives only 20% of the time, that would create a TON of hits, an unrealistic amount.

Even if the "Joe Average" user is at 20%, those who master the interface would still be above that, leading to unrealistically high BABIPs (and probably everything else, like doubles).

It's tough in online modes. I don't doubt it's too low, but if it was at the realistic level + people excellent with their user input batting interfaces...you get unrealism in the other direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »