Home

MLB Rule? or THREE bugs in one inning

This is a discussion on MLB Rule? or THREE bugs in one inning within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #25
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB Rule? or THREE bugs in one inning

Come to think of it you are correct and there is a BIGGER problem BUG. If the batting pitchers misses the bunt attempt that should be a strike and not a called ball even if the thrown pitch is outside the zone.

When the batting pitcher misses he literally frozen in place - on the last attempt the entire game goes into a loop and you need to reboot.

Season/MoM

Last edited by Grinder12000; 06-04-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #26
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0

Figure this is at least some what related and not sure if this is a bug or a rule in baseball.

So I have a runner on 2nd 2 outs full count ball 4 is called and the runner who is running with the pitch gets tagged out at 3rd?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Figure this is at least some what related and not sure if this is a bug or a rule in baseball.

So I have a runner on 2nd 2 outs full count ball 4 is called and the runner who is running with the pitch gets tagged out at 3rd?
He is out, since he didn't have a trail runner that had to take his base due to the walk.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #28
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
He is out, since he didn't have a trail runner that had to take his base due to the walk.
Okay thank you. Just to make sure I understand the rule completely if there was a runner on 1st he would have been safe? So in a different scenario if there are runners on 2nd and 3rd I could have them go with the pitch?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:13 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Okay thank you. Just to make sure I understand the rule completely if there was a runner on 1st he would have been safe? So in a different scenario if there are runners on 2nd and 3rd I could have them go with the pitch?
if you would've had a runner on 1st then yes the runner on 2nd would've been safe at third because he has to advance a base due to the walk.

You are only entitled to the free base if you have a trailing runner that MUST ADVANCE due to the walk.

EX: Man on 1st has to advance to 2nd due to walk so that batter can replace him at 1st. Men on 1st and 2nd. Man on 2nd has to advance to 3rd so that runner on first can replace him at 2nd because hitter replaces him at 1st. Bases loaded, runner on 3rd has to advance home so that runner on 2nd can replace him at 3rd, runner on 2nd has to advance to 3rd so that runner on 1st can replace him at 2nd, and runner on 1st has to advance to 2nd because hitter replaces him at 1st.

If you don't have a runner at first base, but runners on 2nd and 3rd, there is no free base on a walk because first base is open. If you have runners on 1st and 3rd and there is a walk, the only runner entitled to a free base is the runner on first because he is being replaced by the hitter who walked.

I really hope that makes sense.

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #30
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
if you would've had a runner on 1st then yes the runner on 2nd would've been safe at third because he has to advance a base due to the walk.

You are only entitled to the free base if you have a trailing runner that MUST ADVANCE due to the walk.

EX: Man on 1st has to advance to 2nd due to walk so that batter can replace him at 1st. Men on 1st and 2nd. Man on 2nd has to advance to 3rd so that runner on first can replace him at 2nd because hitter replaces him at 1st. Bases loaded, runner on 3rd has to advance home so that runner on 2nd can replace him at 3rd, runner on 2nd has to advance to 3rd so that runner on 1st can replace him at 2nd, and runner on 1st has to advance to 2nd because hitter replaces him at 1st.

If you don't have a runner at first base, but runners on 2nd and 3rd, there is no free base on a walk because first base is open. If you have runners on 1st and 3rd and there is a walk, the only runner entitled to a free base is the runner on first because he is being replaced by the hitter who walked.

I really hope that makes sense.
Makes sense thank you!
Old 06-07-2016, 04:17 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Makes sense thank you!
You're welcome.