Home

Why would this happen?

This is a discussion on Why would this happen? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #9
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Why would this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone
Yeah I wasn't in the 40 man roster on those minor league teams. It's just a bit unrealistic how a player who hit 44 homers from April - July in 2019 then doesn't play a single game in MLB until 2023..
You hit 44 homers in 4 months and you're worried about realistic?

M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 06-10-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #10
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
OK, SO this is me (on Road to the Show):

-I'm a 3rd baseman playing designated hitter for the White Sox
-It's July.
-I've just hit my 44th Home Run of the season
-It's my contract year. Things are going great.
-I'm 24
-I lead the league in hits, home runs and ribbies
-I am tipped to be an all star next week
-I've just gone 3 for 5 in my last game............

..............And I'm optioned to Triple A.

I'm stunned.

I then spend the rest of the season in triple A, while the White Sox flounder (even though they have Brett Lawrie and Bryce Harper amongst their ranks).

I'm assigned. I get picked up by the Angels on a 1 year contract but spend the entire season on Triple A.

I'm now at the Rangers (Triple A) and just feel my career has been wrecked. Surely this is massively unrealistic? I was about to become the next Barry Bonds, then suddenly I'm cleaning the chewing gum off the seats of a rusty stadium. What the.......? Please explain. Thanks.
Was there an injury to a ChiSox pitcher, & you were the only one with any options left?
I know that's a lame excuse, but it's the only plausible one I'd know of, even though that shouldn't be how the cpu operates.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-14-2016, 05:39 AM   #11
Rookie

smallclone's Arena

This game continues to chew me up and spit me out!

So after my disastrous few seasons in AAA, I get traded to the Tigers. I a mostly pinch hitting. Which means get like 100 at bats a season, which is pretty annoying as I bought a x2 training points for 5,500 xp. So only having like 1 at bat every 3 or 4 matches is annoying.

My stats are not getting any better. I am running to stand still as my levels go down and as I get more training points I just seem to stay at 85 overall as I'm not playing enough games.

Meanwhile, the Tigers are going great. They are like 20 games out infront in the division. Which at least keeps me going.

July comes, and, yep I get traded again in July...........who to? The White Sox.......the ball club that ruined my mlb career in the first place. They keep me on the bench and I play hardly any games until the end of the season despite finishing with an average of around .380 The Tigers make the post season. I still have never played a post season game, and my Overall ability is now down to about 75. I am 31 and ruined.

I start the new season and take arbitration with the White Sox. But I guess time is now running out for me. As a 31 year pinch hitter with overall 75 stats.

Should I keep going with this save or start another game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #12
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

Up the difficulty
Old 06-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
This game continues to chew me up and spit me out!

So after my disastrous few seasons in AAA, I get traded to the Tigers. I a mostly pinch hitting. Which means get like 100 at bats a season, which is pretty annoying as I bought a x2 training points for 5,500 xp. So only having like 1 at bat every 3 or 4 matches is annoying.

My stats are not getting any better. I am running to stand still as my levels go down and as I get more training points I just seem to stay at 85 overall as I'm not playing enough games.

Meanwhile, the Tigers are going great. They are like 20 games out infront in the division. Which at least keeps me going.

July comes, and, yep I get traded again in July...........who to? The White Sox.......the ball club that ruined my mlb career in the first place. They keep me on the bench and I play hardly any games until the end of the season despite finishing with an average of around .380 The Tigers make the post season. I still have never played a post season game, and my Overall ability is now down to about 75. I am 31 and ruined.

I start the new season and take arbitration with the White Sox. But I guess time is now running out for me. As a 31 year pinch hitter with overall 75 stats.

Should I keep going with this save or start another game?

Sounds like you've been simming many years and have been letting your stats degrade. The original ridiculous AI decision that sent you to AAA was a temporary problem. As others suggested, it was probably down to an injury to another player and you being the only one with options. It shouldn't happen I agree.

However, I believe that if you had played and dominated AAA while continuing to improve your stats, you would have been right back in the majors pretty soon (or at least by next season).

I can't say for sure what's gone on since the original demotion but it seems like the player's overall, perception and production weren't good enough while you were simming so it never forced the team to make a spot for you.

That being said, SCEA really need to work on their manager/GM AI. There's no question about that. They tend to spend too much time on the new fancy things that don't matter much and never bother to fix the backbone of the game. I guess "improved AI" isn't sexy enough to sell a baseball game. They'd rather give us a Bowman Scouting Day that's over in 5 minutes.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
Rookie

smallclone's Arena

I have honestly only simmed about 20 games in 5 seasons.

I don't know what happened. I'll put it down to a freak occurence and try again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »