Home

Player Progression After Year 1

This is a discussion on Player Progression After Year 1 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 01:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Progression After Year 1

In my first year of franchise players were progressing nicely. Prospects with A potentials were getting better in the minors with their rating increasing while old veterans were starting to decline. In year 2 however, everyone on my team is either declining or not progressing. My A potential prospects (who are always dominating the minors) are not seeing any increasing in their attributes. I don't know why. My farm director has an A coaching and all positive bonuses to the players. Anyone have an answer? I would greatly appreciate it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Player Progression After Year 1

How far are you into the year ?
Old 08-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
How far are you into the year ?
I'm into May so a little over a month
Old 08-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Bob
I'm into May so a little over a month

If these are smallish declines, then I'd keep going before I'd get worried. Sometimes early in the year, players will take smaller declines. I've not figured out why, but it seems to be consistent.

But as the season progresses, they often go away/turn to gains. Especially this year if they do well with how performance matters more to development.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Player progression has been great around the league in my 30 team control file. I'm in year 2 and a lot of A potential prospects are rated in the mid to high 80's. Using OSFM version 2. Ratings fluctuate throughout the year because of morale so you always have to check that to see a players true rating. Also, player training is key provided you know what to train.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Player progression has been great around the league in my 30 team control file. I'm in year 2 and a lot of A potential prospects are rated in the mid to high 80's. Using OSFM version 2. Ratings fluctuate throughout the year because of morale so you always have to check that to see a players true rating. Also, player training is key provided you know what to train.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm starting to get farther into the month and seeing those A potential players start to improve. Just thought it happened a littler earlier in Year 1.And I agree. I think The Show has the best player progression system. Thanks for the answer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »