Home

Is anyone else affected at the plate with sun in the outfield till it goes down?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else affected at the plate with sun in the outfield till it goes down? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is anyone else affected at the plate with sun in the outfield till it goes down?

I play with the fisheye camera and at certain stadiums I can no longer play games unless I change the weather to overcast or rain. I'd like to play with nice weather, but I have serious problems hitting the ball for the first 1-5 innings depending on where the sun is. I'm not talking regular shadows that affect hitters in real life between home plate and the mound. I'm talking about the shadow/sun deal in center field which makes it very very difficult to pick up the ball. I'm just curious if I'm weird or does anyone else have this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone else affected at the plate with sun in the outfield till it goes down?

If I have the choice I always play overcast or night games. I have sensitive eyes and if I play bright games it doesn't take long for me to get eye strain.

Last edited by shark547; 08-22-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: bonehead
Old 08-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Is anyone else affected at the plate with sun in the outfield till it goes down?

Yep, same here. I pick sunny games anyway because I find the disadvantage to be interesting and realistic, though it sucks that the CPU faces no such obstacle.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Thought I was the only one who noticed this. Definitely can be frustrating at times. Especially at Fenway Park when it's a day game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've always had this problem. Maybe the sun glare is realistic but if I can't pick up the baseball right away, I'm going to be late on everything. I hate hitting when it's like that.

I think part of the problem is that the batter's eye in most stadiums is designed for the eye level of the batter and the cameras are usually around strike zone level. That means that from most cameras, the release point of the pitcher is above the batter's eye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #6
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Try a 4pm game at Comercia Park.. that's all kinds of fun
Old 08-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #7
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Yep. Feels realistic. I tend to be more patient during those sunblock innings.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #8
Rookie

thisisfred's Arena

You're definitely no alone. I've the same issue and usually only play night games (at least in DD).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »