Home

OSFM roster update stock free agency quirk...

This is a discussion on OSFM roster update stock free agency quirk... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
OSFM roster update stock free agency quirk...

Hello fellow OS community! I need some help if at all possible...

There is a problem with the free agents on the OSFM mid season update version (rosters current as of All Star break)... No matter if I sign them off the list to teams and no matter what age they are, they retire at seasons end due to poor free agent market.

Of course I tried my usual tricks of backing out and trying over and over again to see different results but nothing changes. You see I started my franchise and went through and made all trades, releases and free agent signings as they happened IRL. I'd hate to see Yulieski Gurriel retire after just one quarter season you know?

So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has found a work around for this issue before I move into the offseason and lose guys like Gurriel and Guttierez...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM roster update stock free agency quirk...

only work around to 30 team control and sign them before the season starts and just keep them in Single A until the day they are signed. But after the season starts all free agents signed retire due to poor free agent market, been like that for years.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

I think June 1st is the retire cut off date. If you sign a free agent before June 1st the player shouldn't retire at season end.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe
I think June 1st is the retire cut off date. If you sign a free agent before June 1st the player shouldn't retire at season end.
Damn it! Well that explains it as I started making the roster moves on July 12th and beyond as that's when the rosters were up to date... Guess I lose Mr. Gurriel and Vlad Guttierrez. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen...
Old 09-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

I love this game just as much as anyone possible, but this is just stupid. I mean this really needs to be changed next year. Is one thing if they don't get signed or are of older age but to retire even after getting signed and before even being offered to resign is BS I'm sorry.

Hardly anything about this entire game really irks me, but this is one of the few things that does.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

There is actually a fix for this where nobody retires or masybe one or two might because of over 40. The fix is not ideal but it does work. It depends on how important A ball is to you. If you make every 45 thats in A-ball and lower all there ratings. Then you see those guys will retire instead of real players etc. I would name them all FAKE BATTER & FAKE PITCHER.

The quicker way is before u begin a franchise in the regular roster area (main menu) import FAKE BATTER & FAKE PITCHER to the lower leve guys in Single A, but make sure you move what guys u want to keep to either AAA or AA and you will be fine.

Anyone can test this as I have done this several times and it does work and prevent real players from retiring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »