Home

Is this the year we get dynamic commentary?

This is a discussion on Is this the year we get dynamic commentary? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is this the year we get dynamic commentary?

Or 06 07 and 08... They're making it better, slowly but surely I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #42
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Madden commentary might not be better content wise but it definitely has a more organic flow, even the old madden commentary, which was pretty bad overall, was better in that regard..
That's my maim issue with the show now, no matter what slides they are adding it'll always sound artificial

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 12-05-2016, 05:32 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
I honestly wonder how the dev team feels about the commentary/presentation as it is currently. Do they think that it is great the way it is and that it compares to other sports titles of this generation, or do they simply think it's good "enough" and choose to devote time and resources to what they deem more important?

If it's the latter, then I can definitely respect that because for all its faults, it's not terrible. It's just bland, but for the most part does its job adequately, and I can't imagine that amazing commentary is all that high on their priority list.

However, if it's the former, and they truly believe that it is great, and that's the reason there hasn't been much improvement over the years, then I don't know what to say. I really hope that is not the case because I think they would need to do things differently to actually improve it beyond the current method of recording everyone separately, adding more bland lines just to cover every possible situation, and unconvincing conversations that sound scripted. I really hope they do something different in the coming years, even if it's only to freshen up the sound in game, and seem less stale. Because that's how the presentation feels in its current state.
This is indeed a good question. I'd be interested to know how SCEA feels about their own commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »