Home

More MLB The Show 17 Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More MLB The Show 17 Details Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2016, 07:30 AM   #65
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More MLB The Show 17 Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
Biggest question for me is, will auto-fielding third baseman finally dive for those balls down the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have seen it with top rated reaction/defensive rated 3B in the game. It's not often but I have seen some stabs on auto fielding.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #66
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Farias
My biggest hope is the add more to diamond dynasty that doesn't involve playing online. I really loved that mode, but playing single games or Conquest got boring pretty fast. I would be awesome to have season or franchise mode as part of DD since I really don't enjoy playing online, but do enjoy the card collecting and missions aspect.
That would be pretty awesome. I love collecting the cards, played Conquest (which was fun but became a grind) and played some head to head (even tried and failed to run a DD league with the ability to play friends). But a solo offline DD league would be pretty awesome and I for sure would play it a lot.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have seen it with top rated reaction/defensive rated 3B in the game. It's not often but I have seen some stabs on auto fielding.

I've seen it once in a blue moon also, but it's definitely not as frequent as the play is attempted nor made in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 12-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #68
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Can't wait to see the new physics in action. That and the new RTTS features have me on the edge of my chair with anticipation...not to mention all the censored stuff, heh. Bring on the streams!
Old 12-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #69
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

LOL somehow this strange sense of superbism only existing in top-rated players reminds me of Ethan Albright's "open letter to John Madden" when talking about his awareness rating in a video game (NSFW).

Quote:
It’s also pretty wonderful that my awareness rating was 59. You make it sound like I wake up in the morning, helplessly [beep] and [beep] myself, then lose three of my teeth before I discover that I am trying to eat a rock for breakfast. [beep], John, I understand you saying that I am slow and lacking athleticism, but a rating like this pretty much labels me as [beep]. Rod “He Hate Me” Smart has a 52 in this category. Electronic Arts is saying that seven rating points separate me and the breathing embodiment of the perfect oxymoron. Rod Smart struggled to arrange words in sentence form. Cave men had better hold of the English language. The only actions that separate point values of ignorance at this embarrassing level are things like using your own toothbrush to wipe your [beep]. I basically edged out Rod by my lack of [beep] teeth. If I take a night school class, could you bump me up to a 60?

Or, perhaps a little more baseball-related, a response to somebody's article praising David Eckstein:

Quote:
He plays second base by positioning and studying opposing hitters and somehow gets to the right place at the right time.

A fact that is unique to David Eckstein. Robinson Cano plays second base by running in circles, closing his eyes, and trying to feel the ball off the bat. Omar Infante plays second base by attempting to divine, through augury and calf-entrail-spilling, who will hit the ball to him and when. Ian Kinsler plays second base by putting in a little earpiece and having someone whisper to him what to do, like Brando used to do when he no longer bothered to learn his lines. Clint Barmes plays second base like a guitar, picking the entire second base area up and strumming it lightly, occasionally taking requests from the crowd. (You should hear Clint Barmes play "April Come She Will" on the acoustic second-base-area. It'll bring a tear to your eye.)

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #70
Rookie

goplen5's Arena

Honestly, I think I am most curious to hear more about the throwback version. My brother and I used to play the old school games like Baseball Simulator 1000 and Ken Griffey Jr Baseball all the time. I can't play him in The Show now because it is a little too advanced for him (and I play all the time). This would be a nice mode to play with him. If they make it like it was where you can play with current rosters in the old style with any team, that would be awesome.

I got my retractable roofs last year (which are gorgeous), so really, I can't wait to see the new Braves Stadium in game. I hope to see more of a GM mode in Franchise too. I miss that.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #71
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Would love to have new player models, but honestly I would be happy with some great animated uniform cloth.....and I think we see a little of that in the trailer. Also really hoping that we get a game with some nice HDR taking advantage of the Pro hardware.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #72
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Really pumped for the improved ground ball physics, it was the first thing I noticed when the trailer was revealed. It has been on top of my wishlist. It has the potential to give the game a very different feel on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »