Home

Blue Jays Have a Red Alt Uni

This is a discussion on Blue Jays Have a Red Alt Uni within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Blue Jays Have a Red Alt Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Black? It was never in their color scheme except for that few years they decided to go different route (thank god they decided to ditch it). It's now blue, white and red (some players use minor red details on their equipments)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
When he said Blue Jays are blue white and black I think he means the actual bird itself.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #10
Rookie

RawlingsHOH's Arena

I was referring to an actual bird.

In Toronto and southern ontario you will see the odd person wearing a "fashion Jersey" that is black with white and blue lettering and numbers in the current style not the versions from 2004-2011 or whatever year it ended.

They are much nicer than red, which has nothing to do with the bird. I know the angle the marketing department is going for I just dont agree with it. We already have team Canada in WBC, and although the Blue Jays are Canada's team, theyre a pro team first.
Maybe if they were called the Toronto Nationals, that would make sense.
On July 1st made sense as well but thats it IMO
Old 01-19-2017, 07:22 PM   #11
Rookie

RawlingsHOH's Arena

I would also like to say before I get roasted that the white and blue and blue and whites beat all the alternates they can come up with. Theyre beautiful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #12
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawlingsHOH
I was referring to an actual bird.

In Toronto and southern ontario you will see the odd person wearing a "fashion Jersey" that is black with white and blue lettering and numbers in the current style not the versions from 2004-2011 or whatever year it ended.

They are much nicer than red, which has nothing to do with the bird. I know the angle the marketing department is going for I just dont agree with it. We already have team Canada in WBC, and although the Blue Jays are Canada's team, theyre a pro team first.
Maybe if they were called the Toronto Nationals, that would make sense.
On July 1st made sense as well but thats it IMO
Believe those are the fake Chinese jerseys aren't they? Like the one below. I mean its not terrible (outside of the terrible quality itself), but meh.

Red is awful - it was acceptable when they wore it on Canada Day/whatever they wanted to call 'Canada Baseball Day' but for 10 home games (including all the giveaway days)? Gross.

Should've gone back to the ol' steroid bird for the alternate. Or (and oh man this is going to be unpopular) they should've pulled a Raptors and busted out the OVO black/gold for a game or two.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #13
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

I don't hate their red alternates at all, and would love to see them in the game to shake things up.

BUT

With that said, I just... don't get the red with the Jays. Red will always be an Expos thing to me.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #14
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

Tbh I quite liked the old black jerseys with "Jays" across the front... I actually own one

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS
Old 01-19-2017, 09:06 PM   #15
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Believe those are the fake Chinese jerseys aren't they? Like the one below. I mean its not terrible (outside of the terrible quality itself), but meh.

Red is awful - it was acceptable when they wore it on Canada Day/whatever they wanted to call 'Canada Baseball Day' but for 10 home games (including all the giveaway days)? Gross.

Should've gone back to the ol' steroid bird for the alternate. Or (and oh man this is going to be unpopular) they should've pulled a Raptors and busted out the OVO black/gold for a game or two.
That is actually a decent looking jerseys, maybe if the blue were brighter. I just find lots of teams wear black so it's nice having colored jerseys. I can't say for the red jerseys as I haven't really seen them other than the pics. There is something about them that doesn't look right. Probably cause it's like a huge difference from a blue to a red.

And as for the black jersey with Jays.. I found it ok, but didn't like how they had away jersey different look/different fonts. I like having matching jerseys.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #16
Rookie

RawlingsHOH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub

Thanks for the post this is exactly what I was referring to, these with a little refinement would be really nice, much better than the red.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »