Home

MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Gameplay, Animations & Retro-Mode Deep Dive

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Gameplay, Animations & Retro-Mode Deep Dive within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Gameplay, Animations & Retro-Mode Deep Dive

i wonder if there is colorblind support for the catchers throwing meter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 0

Regarding the graphics, for context, PBR wasn't even fully shown last year until the last streams. Ramone teased it in March if I recall correctly.

They mentioned they were playing on a regular PS4 and that the Pro version would be better.

Last edited by Spokker; 02-09-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Yea I don't agree here either. The biggest issue honestly has been the player models and uniforms looking boxy. I know everyone cares about different aspects but for me graphics/player models have been disgraceful. Madden and NBA2K have wayyy better player models
You're kidding about player models in Madden and NBA 2K being better, right? Madden's are not that good and 2k's had skinny armed alien arm looking bodies.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #84
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Because we are ok with the graphics.

Graphics only carry a game so far for me. Gameplay and franchise mode are what I'm most interested in. And every year the Show improves, imo, in those two areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I wanted to quote this post because it so nails my long-term opinion of all of this.

I just don't understand what people are waiting for. Some kind of massive overhaul of the whole thing? A new game? 2k back? EA back? Even if EA revived MVP, me thinks they'd rip 70% of the entire platform off from The Show, just to barely compete with them.

I'm beyond graphics at this point. Fine TUNING the graphics is what's important to me. Sharpness, clarity, 60 FPS... that's important.

Expanded uniform slots, getting uniforms right, classic stadiums...

The little things

All of those things before a massive graphical overhaul. I'd rather get 19/20 things right, than 7/20 things right, because we had to throw our best feature out the window, to re-invent the wheel.

Why?

Just 'cause. No other reason.

That doesn't make ANY sense to me.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #85
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

The bunting made it seem like the new physics engine isn't even tied to bunting. Which would be really disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #86
Banned

SchwarBear12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Pretty disheartening to see the slo-mo Bullet Time creeping into the other options and modes. Seems if you use meter throwing you are stuck with it.

I can only guess what kind of a circus RTTS will look like this year.

Obviously they are introducing more and more arcade elements into the game. I'd be curious what analytics they're looking at because someone over there in marketing thinks it's bringing more casual buyers.

What worries me is the long-term effects. 3 years from now will we be looking at DD + Arcade gameplay as the primary gaming mode?
Old 02-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #87
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarBear12
I wanted to quote this post because it so nails my long-term opinion of all of this.

I just don't understand what people are waiting for. Some kind of massive overhaul of the whole thing? A new game? 2k back? EA back? Even if EA revived MVP, me thinks they'd rip 70% of the entire platform off from The Show, just to barely compete with them.

I'm beyond graphics at this point. Fine TUNING the graphics is what's important to me. Sharpness, clarity, 60 FPS... that's important.

Expanded uniform slots, getting uniforms right, classic stadiums...

The little things

All of those things before a massive graphical overhaul. I'd rather get 19/20 things right, than 7/20 things right, because we had to throw our best feature out the window, to re-invent the wheel.

Why?

Just 'cause. No other reason.

That doesn't make ANY sense to me.

70%?? Just making a baseball game would be 70% of the shows platform.

I get what you saying, but to some they are happy with the game play as is and what to see a graphical jump. I don't see the harm in that, it goes both ways. In a perfect world we would have both (gameplay and graphics).

I'm right down the middle on this, both can have the same initial effect ( making the game look like real life baseball). One the gameplay and animations can greatly improve the look, if the players are making catches and throws, dives, hits, runs, etc etc, that you see in real life, it will look and feel more real (already the animations alone for years have fooled some into thinking they are watching a real game, and thats really cool).

Now of course a graphics boost would definitely make it look more real but not feel more real if they didn't have good animations and gameplay. However, from a pure visual stand point of a side to side picture of the show and real life, theres still a significant seperation there. Just getting that seperation closer can greatly improve the overall look and appeal of the game.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #88
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Because we are ok with the graphics.

Graphics only carry a game so far for me. Gameplay and franchise mode are what I'm most interested in. And every year the Show improves, imo, in those two areas.

In all fairness, on the PS3 this franchise was easily the best looking sports game, but on the PS4 it's a completely different story. I for one have been hoping they would eventually improve the graphics being that its been on the PS4 for 3 years now and being a console exclusive. I hope the pro version does bring something better to the table as far as graphics. The first thing I noticed when I saw the first video is how the graphics don't look improved at all. I know gameplay is the most important but graphics is also important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »