Home

MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Masahiro Tanaka & Felix Hernandez

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Masahiro Tanaka & Felix Hernandez within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #73

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Masahiro Tanaka & Felix Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
More likely than legal reasons, as in, arm tattoos are more than likely not in because arms aren't scanned opposed to the reason being legal.

Agree 100%, didn't suggest otherwise.

All I said is that regardless of the why they are there they are still 100% liable. Whether or not they were asked to get permission we don't know but can't assume one way or the other.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
What kind of sorcery is this?! This guys really listen to the community. Much, much appreciated the improvements. Now show me Jose Abreu with a real face scan finally and I'll throw a party tonight. 😀
Old 02-16-2017, 12:03 AM   #75
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

yes i just shed a tear
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #76
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

The eyes look SO MUCH BETTER. Good job guys.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:25 AM   #77
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I mean I think most people say that the best you'll get upgrade-wise is regarding resolution, framerate, and HDR (which are primarily the only three differences we've seen with games so far), but if they can just click to enable other certain things like PC games can, maybe they're able to add textures, shading, etc. that you normally otherwise couldn't on PS4 due to memory, power and processing.

So just maybe something like the sweaty look couldn't happen on PS4 whereas it could on Pro. That's a bad example since that appears to be on this game, but I'm just saying I think there are some other things that could be done on one and not the other. For example, I expect that a new GTA game could increase draw distances, traffic density, and water reflections on the Pro because of what the developers tweak just from their own little options. Stuff like that.

Regardless, these are on the vanilla PS4 and they look fantastic. I'm eagerly awaiting to see them on my own television! (or Vita)
A decent amount of games upgrade shadows. Some update Anisotropic shading, which is ridiculous it should be 16x always, and a few do other special things with AA.

For this game I'd think they could could squeeze in some special stuff if they don't go right for 4K.

Even with checkerboard the Pro should be running this game well enough to have extras I think. But 1440p seems like it would be a sweet spot to downsample from 1080p with good AA added on and better filtering, shadows, et cetera.

They might go for checkerboard 4K like a lot of devs are doing though. I know Naughty Dog did 1440p with U4 but that game is pushing the lights out.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:38 AM   #78
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

I saw someone mention before about the OSFM guys perhaps having to start from scratch now because of the new faces so I'm curios to see how the already created faces from mlb 16 carry over to the new game as Ramone said all of those heads have been deleted

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS
Old 02-16-2017, 03:58 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
I saw someone mention before about the OSFM guys perhaps having to start from scratch now because of the new faces so I'm curios to see how the already created faces from mlb 16 carry over to the new game as Ramone said all of those heads have been deleted

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah I'm hopeful for carry over franchises, major leaguers will just be updated to their mlb 17 appearances and already created prospects will now have the mlb 17 editing features to make them more realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #80
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Glad someone else noticed this. Agreed, Tanaka's skin color is definitely off here. Looked at real images of Tanaka to make sure and his MLB 16 skin color is definitely better. Definitely a bit too dark. Maybe it can still be fixed before release?

Love the face upgrades though. These side by side comparisons they've released really make you realize how bad last years faces were. Besides Tanaka these look great. Huge upgrade over last years game already and yet theirs still plenty more to come.
Ramone clearly said that they're still working on skin tone, if i remember well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »