Home

MLB The Show 17 Q&A on Facebook Reveals More Details on the Game

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Q&A on Facebook Reveals More Details on the Game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Q&A on Facebook Reveals More Details on the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillow
I do agree with this 1000 percent. I would love for this feature to be brought back. My friends and I used to love being able to play the entire game together rather than just switching the sticks between pitching and hitting.

I know with all of the amazing updates the team has done, this probably seems like a minor one...but I agree I would love for this to come back. I play NHL almost exclusively with my friends because of that reason. I would love to only play MLB no matter who is over

Great input.

The way I have been doing it since they removed without explanation is thru the shareplay feature PS4 thankfully has. Last year we completed an entire season and unfortunately got bounced in the playoffs. This year we are almost at the end of the regular season and playoff bound again...hopefully with less devastating results.

I do the hockey thing as well, same crew since nhl 09 put in the eashl its fantastic fun, which makes my head spin as to why they removed the teamplay from mlb and madden. What I find funny is that while the game is loading, one of the screens that pops up is....Co-op play. What the heck rite? Can't figure that one out for the life of me. anyway, hopefully we get a nice surprise and online co-op is a game mode. If not, just reply here and i can walk you thru on how to do the shareplay thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2017, 11:38 PM   #122
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brindlerednoze
The way I have been doing it since they removed without explanation is thru the shareplay feature PS4 thankfully has. Last year we completed an entire season and unfortunately got bounced in the playoffs. This year we are almost at the end of the regular season and playoff bound again...hopefully with less devastating results.

I do the hockey thing as well, same crew since nhl 09 put in the eashl its fantastic fun, which makes my head spin as to why they removed the teamplay from mlb and madden. What I find funny is that while the game is loading, one of the screens that pops up is....Co-op play. What the heck rite? Can't figure that one out for the life of me. anyway, hopefully we get a nice surprise and online co-op is a game mode. If not, just reply here and i can walk you thru on how to do the shareplay thing
Shareplay is great for playing a franchise online with your buds, especially if you are on the same team and like to play together. But even the slightest bit of lag can really disrupt the hitting and pitching for whoever is not hosting the session. For that reason alone it would be nice to have the feature back in.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #123
Rookie

ataranto2's Arena

Quote:

Do either of you experience bad input lag? I've been doing a franchise through share play with a friend as well, but he gets a ton of input lag when I host the share play and vice versa if he hosts it.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #124
Rookie

My friend and I have 0 issues with lag. We used to once in a while but then he sad "duh, let me not play wireless" n he plugged back into his router and boooom no problem. He is the host at all times as I am the host when we play as teammates in madden, also with no issues. I will say this, he had some issues with another game just on his own, a friend of his gave him some trouble shooting things to do and it cleared it rite up. The bonus for us in mlb when he did this was a more clear/crisp picture on my end. The pic was always good but now its perfect. I'll hit him up n see what he did and get back to asap
Old 03-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #125
Rookie

Well I did say asap. What he said is he did thru a thing called "port forwarding". He also said that ur gonna have to do a couple of things with ur router/modem and one thing on ur ps4 dashboard most likely within ur internet settings option. As far as the router/modem thing, ur gonna have to enter some things to "open ports"

I'd say if ur getting old like me you can either google it, have a friend come by n help, or just take what I've recommended n mess around with it a bit. Hope this helps fellas Playing mlb as teammates is probably the best gaming experience I've ever had, and I am not a fan of baseball whatsoever but this game is perfect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 10:46 PM   #126
Rookie

ataranto2's Arena

Quote:
Well I did say asap. What he said is he did thru a thing called "port forwarding". He also said that ur gonna have to do a couple of things with ur router/modem and one thing on ur ps4 dashboard most likely within ur internet settings option. As far as the router/modem thing, ur gonna have to enter some things to "open ports"

I'd say if ur getting old like me you can either google it, have a friend come by n help, or just take what I've recommended n mess around with it a bit. Hope this helps fellas Playing mlb as teammates is probably the best gaming experience I've ever had, and I am not a fan of baseball whatsoever but this game is perfect

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:45 AM   #127
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show Facebook Live AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Are cleats bigger this year? Dee's look huge haha.
Late to the party, but I thought this too LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »