Home

Every Uni in MLB '17

This is a discussion on Every Uni in MLB '17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Every Uni in MLB '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
I've already done that.

[/url][/img]

I can tell you that the Phillies red is the brightest shade and the Angels red is the darkest. None of the 3 are the same exact shade of red.

I won't keep going back and forth on this. I am not trying to show you up or make you upset. Just trying to show examples so everyone is on the same page. You seem like a good person and I know you aren't pushing any more of an agenda with this than I, so we can certainly just agree to disagree on the matter. Cheers!
I was done but your respectful way of continuing this is admirable. Thank you. I won't keep with the back and forth either but I do have to say that the pic you showed, I don't think that Phillies cap is a current authentic cap and the Cardinals cap has a gray underbrim so I'm not sure how current that cap is so I'm not sure how accurate those caps can be.

We can agree to disagree but let me just clarify that what I'm basing my side of this is on the Pantone color that New Era and Majestic use to manufacture caps and jerseys. To the best of my knowledge the exact same thread color is used for all the reds currently. Whenever walking into any cap store and comparing the red caps, I've always seem the same red to my eyes.

We'd almost need to have authentic new era mlb caps from the exact same season in our hands at the same time to know for sure if I'm right.

With all due respect your caps don't seem to exactly fall under what I'm getting at. That Phillies cap design hasn't been used in years. And again I said currently. In the past this may have not been true. From a manufacturing standpoint it helps when the manufacturer can use the same thread colors multiple times.

Wanna go with me to Lids tomorrow after work? I'll drive.

Last edited by SilverBullet1929; 02-26-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:24 PM   #50
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

The following picture doesn't capture the colors perfectly (my phone washes things out unless I have natural lighting) but the lighting affects everything equally and the differences are clear. The Sox cap almost has a pink element to it with the right lighting, never would have expected that. There are also apparently subtle differences between Astros orange and Marlins orange. I never would have picked that up myself but was shown photos to prove it.

And I've seen that top shelf of red caps at my Lids as well. Don't own many of those caps (bright red isn't my favorite cap color) but they really do all look alike from distance.

From left to right: burgundy Phils cap (included for contrast), dull red Indians alt, Red Sox '75 TBTC and Reds road cap

Edit: Sorry, was still in the middle of preparing this post when the last few appeared. Didn't intend to post something redundant.

Last edited by Jon Arbuckle; 02-26-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 8

Not sure how this jersey didn't make into the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2017, 04:20 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLYFACTOR
Not sure how this jersey didn't make into the game.

??? They haven't worn that in like 8 years.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:41 AM   #53
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

I think he's being sarcastic.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #54
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

Quote:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS

Last edited by parky_17; 03-02-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:58 AM   #55
Rookie

Cool. Kinda came out of nowhere, in a thread that went dormant 5 days ago, so the humor was apparently lost on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #56
Banned

Robotech2016's Arena

The only question I would have for the development team as far as uniforms is concerned, is will the jersey and the batting helmet be joined together. My team is the Washington Nationals, they wear there alternate away uniform with the grey bottoms/ red top with the blue helmet/ red brim. Last year and previous years before, is that uniform in there game has had the red batting helmet which is wrong. They are joining the home uniform with the home batting helmet. I would like if u can choose the batting helmet with a particular jersey. Right now it seems the jerseys are joined too the batting helmet. I would like too see a picture or video of the Washington Nationals with that particular uniform at bat in the Show 17. It's a eye sore if I want too have that uniform in the game with that batting helmet. I like too mix uniforms up in games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »