Home

FRANCHISE WEEK!!!!

This is a discussion on FRANCHISE WEEK!!!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FRANCHISE WEEK!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0034
If you did full team control and turned it on for every team, you would essentially be getting this. I don't know about the MLB Network Presentation, but you could jump into games with all sorts of teams.

That's what I have been doing. 30-team control but only playing 162 with the Mets. I missed out on tons of big moments from the other 14 games throughout each day. From the GameStop Monday video it looked like I was right haha

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Its hard to keep the lid on things in this day and age but I really hope there are some things added that we havent heard about over the last few weeks.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #11
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

OVR: 0

By far the thing I'm most looking forward to, although I immensely enjoyed the presentation and commentary stream.

I'm working Thursday, so it'll be come home, relax, and after the kids are in bed, kick back and watch the (hopefully) near two-hour stream.

Kudos to the SCEA guys for having it on demand to watch later on, and for the mods here at OS for putting it in a thread when it does for ease of access.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #12
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
This will definitely be the week to know of I made a good decision or not. Honestly, from what I played last year franchise was a little disappointing. I think we may see some big things this year though.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app

This will be the week I know if I should buy MLBTS17 or not. Last yr was the 1st time I hand bought the game, part of that was lack of money, and the other part was franchise mode didnt have improvements that I wanted to see. Plus after the game came out it seemed it had way more bugs that wasnt getting fixed, so I just decided it was best to not waste money we didnt have. I am expecting a much better game this time around, as it isnt often that the Show devs dont deliver on a great game, so got to figure this yr the game will be top notch. The 1 thing I have almost always been able to count on, when Madden would flop and NBA2k would be underwhelming was that MLBTS would always put out a solid game, so Im really looking forward to MLBTS17. They typically do right by the true baseball fans, where as it seems the other sports games are now catering to all the casual fans that play online. MLBTS seems to be the only one left who still values offline franchise play, which is all I care about.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-06-2017, 08:58 PM   #13
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Amen to this. The only mode I ever care about is franchise mode. I know Diamond Dynasty is a big deal to some people and a huge money maker for SCEA but I never mess with it. I feel like franchise mode (in all sports games) have been largely neglected in terms of significant improvements for over a decade now.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #14
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Amen to this. The only mode I ever care about is franchise mode. I know Diamond Dynasty is a big deal to some people and a huge money maker for SCEA but I never mess with it. I feel like franchise mode (in all sports games) have been largely neglected in terms of significant improvements for over a decade now.
I couldn't agree more. The more that companies add and focus on the other secondary elements of the game and the online portion, the less time and effort they seem to put into what should be the core foundation of any sports game, the offline, single player franchise.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #15
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I was very underwhelmed by the Gamestop Monday video. Nothing they talked about was anything I was pumped about. Features that are ok, sure, but not the news I'm hoping for. I'm really holding out the live stream will give us more info that Franchise Mode folks are really craving. The "Show Mondays" usually is just a quick hitter.

No matter what I'll still be purchasing day one but I am hopefully this isn't another year where Franchise is doesn't see any true upgrades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 12:40 PM   #16
Rookie

TheMadleR's Arena

OVR: 0

where can I go to see this?
NBA: Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »