Home

Franchise roster movements

This is a discussion on Franchise roster movements within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

Hardworker33's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise roster movements

Hi guys!

Daily reader but not posting much. Can't wait for The Show 17 to come out like all of you!

I'm in year 2 of my Yanks franchise (currently 1-1 in World Series against SF, wish me luck after losing to SEA in ALCS last year) and I'm starting to prepare my offseason.

Each year, I have a problem that I'd like to not have again for my next season.

Is there a way after the last day of spring training to make the roster that I want to start the year?

I like to use an older/lower rated player when I'm good with him instead of bringing a fresh drafted 19YO 71 OVR player (for example) to keep it realistic and let my young guys developp in the minors.

The thing is when spring training is over, the CPU automatically put the best rated players on my MLB roster even if I don't want them to start on my MLB roster.

There's two things that bugs me about this, especially the 1st reason:

1- By doing so, I'm burning 1/3 MLB option for those players by putting them in the minors.

2- Taking the time to adjust my roster since my platoon guys aren't the one I initially projected to be in my lineup. So, I have to do all my lineups again.

My question is : Is there a way to prevent these movements once you sim ''start the regular season''. I didn't find an option to control all movements (which I thought I was doing, as it is what I want).

Thanks guys,

Can't wait to see what's new on franchise for this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Franchise roster movements

Here is a link that may help. I could not find the one I wanted, old timers you know the one I want if you could dig it up for the OP I would appreciate it. I am off to work and get get to it for a bit.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...etting+rosters

Obviously ignore the 30 team stuff, unless that is the way you do franchise. Other than that it pretty much applies across the board.

In a nutshell:

During Spring Training, but before you end Spring Training, you have to send everybody down until you are at your 25 man roster. Once you have done this set your line ups the way you want them and then click "End Spring Training". This should keep the CPU from changing your rosters.

If you do not send people down the CPU does it for you and sets up the rosters to what it considers to be the best line up and rotation.

If this doesn't help, I will be back on my computer tonight to help you some more.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Hardworker33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Here is a link that may help. I could not find the one I wanted, old timers you know the one I want if you could dig it up for the OP I would appreciate it. I am off to work and get get to it for a bit.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...etting+rosters

Obviously ignore the 30 team stuff, unless that is the way you do franchise. Other than that it pretty much applies across the board.

In a nutshell:

During Spring Training, but before you end Spring Training, you have to send everybody down until you are at your 25 man roster. Once you have done this set your line ups the way you want them and then click "End Spring Training". This should keep the CPU from changing your rosters.

If you do not send people down the CPU does it for you and sets up the rosters to what it considers to be the best line up and rotation.

If this doesn't help, I will be back on my computer tonight to help you some more.

wow, thanks! It makes sense. I'll try that for sure.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
In a nutshell:

The CPU definitely will keep your 25-man opening day rosters intact, but I have witnessed it reordering the batting lineups. That's why I never worry about setting up the batter lineups until after I am at Opening Day.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Hardworker33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
The CPU definitely will keep your 25-man opening day rosters intact, but I have witnessed it reordering the batting lineups. That's why I never worry about setting up the batter lineups until after I am at Opening Day.
Good to know, thanks! I'm happy to hear that as my main concern was the option burned.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »