Home

First thing you'll do on 17?

This is a discussion on First thing you'll do on 17? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #49
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: First thing you'll do on 17?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
prob press x to skip the intro
This had better be a joke because I can promise you this will eclipse the famous 2012 I think the great one with the great night of last day of baseball... montage...

this has to include the cubs in every freaking way.. from start of the season to the end... some sort of montage to that effect... this intro is going to be EPIC!! to skip it... would be ... well, a crime IMO as a baseball fan...

well, i hope it will be epic.... we have the history here just like back in 12' or was it 13 can't remember.. but if I know the baseball hearts of this dev team... this will be one for the ages...
Old 03-07-2017, 07:38 AM   #50
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

If there are real and meaningful Owner mode/franchise additions, I'll create a "mess around" franchise with the Cubs and see what all the new bells and whistles are and how things work.

After I'm done with that, then the real work starts.

I'll open up the Cubs roster, and go through every player to adjust their contract so that its as close to real life as possible. Then, go through the rest of the NL and do the same, followed by the AL. Last year, the first time that I did this, it took me about 5-6 hours, spread over two nights. However, I developed a system after a while, and the second time that I did it (after the OS rosters were released), it took me about half that time.

Then, I'll adjust a large percentage of the Cubs minor league system to match real life names and positions, and roughly match up the best 25 or so to their real life looks and abilities.

THEN, I'll start my real Cubs franchise, sim through Spring Training, and play my first game as opening day of the season.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1014
I'm torn between doing a franchise with the Nationals or Braves and really curious if the Braves new park will be the deciding factor. So right when I turn the game on at midnight I'll do an exhibition between Nats and Braves at SunTrust Park and hopefully find my answer..
A Tigers franchise would be fun. You're in a spot where you can either go for it or rebuild building around the current young controllable guys in the MLB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #52
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm going to transfer for the first time ever. (I just started an all-prospect 29-game Season mode) I'm very curious to see how the faces will look after transferring.
That's until the OSFM rosters come out, then I'll start my Red Sox Franchise, of course.

I'll also dip into Diamond Dynasty and try out the other new additions.

Retro mode sounds weird to me, with all this new stuff nowadays but I will give it a try, many fond memories of Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest on my Gameboy color.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Oh boy.....so much joy when I get my hands on the game on release day. And so much I want to do.

Once the game is fully installed we go into profile settings and set-up our usual stuff, My main profile, CPU Franchise and CPU Season and my son’s.

Then we crack open our pre-order packs!!! Oh yeah love ripping my packs open and seeing if I scored a few golds or a diamond or 2!!!

Then it’s time to dive into a 30 team test franchise and start playing games and getting my sliders set for the next year of playing The Show 17.

Once that is all set we transfer all my franchise’s and all my classic rosters to 17.

Once that is taken care of it’s time to rock my SOTS files and get all of them set up for my team’s in franchise and then set up each team as I play them in my schedule.

Is it March 28th yet? No? Damn it......
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-07-2017, 08:18 AM   #54
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Go straight into Francise mode to check out the added in game stats. I them will progress towards the end of the season then play another game. See what the in game season stats look like then.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:00 AM   #55
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

First I'll explain (again) to my wife why I got up at 5:30 am on the 29th and took the day off. Then I'll ignore her shaking her head or whatever reaction she gives and soldier on as I press start.

Then I'll jump into the game. Mainly a Franchise guy but I'll first go check my preorder DD packs to see if I got any golds or diamonds. *fingers crossed*

Then I'll check rosters, updated faces, and equipment.

Once done scanning rosters. I'll dive in to exhibition games for the day. First game will be a rematch of the WS, with the Cubbies and Indians in a day game at Progressive Field with MLB network presentation. Will be checking out new animations, ball physics, presentation, and graphical improvements.

And lastly, I'll vacuum the house or load the dishwasher so I can tell my wife I did do one thing productive during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #56
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

As a RTTS junkie I will do a couple of things first like create some players , one being myself as a power hitting LF for the Cardinals next a contact hitting RF for the Mariners I will call him Sum Ting Wong. Then I will import my RTTS Cardinal player from 16, that should keep me busy for awhile.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »