Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #57
Rookie

CoiaNY's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmascarello
I feel a lot of the new presentation stuff will definitely add to the immersion. Between situational stats, stadium tagging, and the MLB network broadcast stuff. But so far the franchise info has fell flat.

If the smaller details such as FA logic and trade logic are improved then I'll be somewhat satisfied.
I agree, but I think what he meant by immersion was meant in a way of being "involved". Stuff like setting ticket prices, concession prices, adding new concessions, changing grass patterns, spending money to re-sod the field, spending money to improve the warning track, picking the sponsor ads and where you wanted them "placed" ....

These are things that I believe was meant by immersion. Now granted, those things I listed don't result in a lot being actually seen by the user, but its just the mere fact that we can be in control of those things which allows the imagination to run wild, so to speak. I personally really miss that aspect of franchise mode, and the fact its been removed from the game for a couple years now is absolutely baffling to me.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #58
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Relocation, create a park, edit uniforms, winter ball, start today feature, more realistic contracts, etc.

There is a ton that they could add.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Realistic contracts and relocations I would hope.

Honestly I would be happy with realistic contracts and realistic progression and regression. That alone would be enough for me. I'm one of those players that doesn't play every game and sims alot to get through multiple seasons to build teams up.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #59
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Relocation, create a park, edit uniforms, winter ball, start today feature, more realistic contracts, etc.

There is a ton that they could add.

Rain delays, double header rescheduled games, redone FA logic, custom draft classes, better stats for draft, etc. Just adding on to Mauer's list to show there is a lot that could be added.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 11

At the very least, i hope Thursday bring relocation options. With all these streams, stuff has gradually leaked out for everything. However, the only thing that hasnt had ANY info leak out anout has been franchise mode. This leads me to believe either a) nothings changed except the look or b) something huge is going to be revealed. And im hoping its the latter amd even more so hoping its relocation.

It would bring so much to this game. To be able to move a team like Tampa to a city like, oh i dont know Montreal would be huge. Even if we arent given the option for EXPOS, just a team there that you can make into your own would do so much for franchise mode
Old 03-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #61
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
At the very least, i hope Thursday bring relocation options. With all these streams, stuff has gradually leaked out for everything. However, the only thing that hasnt had ANY info leak out anout has been franchise mode. This leads me to believe either a) nothings changed except the look or b) something huge is going to be revealed. And im hoping its the latter amd even more so hoping its relocation.

It would bring so much to this game. To be able to move a team like Tampa to a city like, oh i dont know Montreal would be huge. Even if we arent given the option for EXPOS, just a team there that you can make into your own would do so much for franchise mode
Relocation will not be in '17. Confirmed by Ramone in the thread linked below.

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904120

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #62
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86

I wouldn't hold out for big ticket items that haven't been discussed. I believe we will hear about some tuning to some logic..

Hopefully some fixes to legacy issues an example is like team played for not switching in the offseason when signing a free agent contract. Currently a player who plays for a team will have the team played for tag switch if signed before Jan. 1st. So if Sabathia had on his player card 2017 NYy and signed with Bos in Dec. his card would read 2017 BOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #63
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Hmm I have never thought of the show as having one of the deepest franchise modes. I love the show. Favorite game. But franchise mode has been lagging behind since the switch to ps4.

NBA 2k is certainly deeper. Madden has a deeper franchise mode (even though the game play is iffy). Fifa is deeper. I haven't played NHL in a couple years so I cannot speak on that.

Again, love the show. Baseball is the best sport and out of any sport could have the most in depth franchise possible. There's still a lot missing from the mode.
I can't speak on Fifa I don't play soccer. NHL..MLB has them beat.

Madden? Come on I gotta disagree big time. The SHow has all the contracts, off-season activities etc you would expect a deep franchise mode to have. Rule 5 draft, salary arbitration, exclusive rights, minor league options, etc etc etc. Madden does not even have Restricted Free Agency. Player development is XP based (which I don't mind BTW) vs training on MLB.

The Show is far deeper than Madden.

NBA2K17 is a fantastic game and has a rich and deep My League mode. No argument there.

But The Show is deep. I think it get's sold short because there has not been a lot that has changed over the years other than player morale and now this cool player quirks which I am very much looking forward too!

I would say they are a notch below 2K and ahead of Madden and NHL. I do know FiFa is deep I just have never played it. And I did not consider FIFA part of the big 4 sports in North America (whole other conversation, but Soccer bores me to tears to watch LOL but FIfA is a fun game in my limited time with it ).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I can't speak on Fifa I don't play soccer. NHL..MLB has them beat.

Madden? Come on I gotta disagree big time. The SHow has all the contracts, off-season activities etc you would expect a deep franchise mode to have. Rule 5 draft, salary arbitration, exclusive rights, minor league options, etc etc etc. Madden does not even have Restricted Free Agency. Player development is XP based (which I don't mind BTW) vs training on MLB.

The Show is far deeper than Madden.

NBA2K17 is a fantastic game and has a rich and deep My League mode. No argument there.

But The Show is deep. I think it get's sold short because there has not been a lot that has changed over the years other than player morale and now this cool player quirks which I am very much looking forward too!

I would say they are a notch below 2K and ahead of Madden and NHL. I do know FiFa is deep I just have never played it. And I did not consider FIFA part of the big 4 sports in North America (whole other conversation, but Soccer bores me to tears to watch LOL but FIfA is a fun game in my limited time with it ).
You honestly did make a lot of good points. I think customization is tthe highest thing that lacks in franchise mode for the Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »