Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #25
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode

Just saying the previous videos had me excited for the live streams. These two have not had that effect so far. Hoping my disappointment is turned to excitement on Thursday for Franchise Mode..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #26
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Nothing mentioned about these coming to online franchise. Hope it got some love. The mode has been untouched and has had many issues since it's debut in mlb14
Do you have to keep making this same post?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS
Old 03-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #27
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

As much as I don't want to say it, but this is a little underwhelming. It seems Scouting/Drafting, Budget, GM Contracts, League News, Sponsorships have all remained the same. The only real addition has been ways to simulate through seasons faster. Which I understand them worrying about because other sports fans may see 162 game schedule and feel overwhelmed, which is why RTTS and DD are the most popular modes.

Was really hoping for more Front Office improvements like Ticket and Merchandise Prices, revamped Scouting/Drafting system and an improved League News to help with the immersion.

I am very happy with Player Quirks and Critical Moments though!

I just hope Player Quirks are editable if not for MLB Players but for created/drafted players. I also hope Managers and Coaches are editable. If not attributes wise hopefully appearance wise.

Critical Moments should be a lot of fun though.

Still no word on Launch Pad?

Hopefully the Deep Dive has some hidden gems.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #28
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12

We can set lineups and pitching rotations? Finally! What a letdown that stat tracking stayed the same and that we still don't have rotating interleague matchups is a joke.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Nothing mentioned about these coming to online franchise. Hope it got some love. The mode has been untouched and has had many issues since it's debut in mlb14
I understand where you are coming from. You have a sport you love and the only game from that sport on the market and you just want one of the features/modes you like to work and have been waiting on iterations for it to do so like many others here.

But I think the reality of it is that the studio is a small team and has to focus on ways to grow the product and while my hat goes off to everyone for all the hours and hard work on the game. Which it takes a lot of dedication and to make something in any application or capacity of a 9-5 or a 9-5+. A small team can only do much in a cycle even if there is a huge red flashing needs love section of the game.

This is how I found out according to a statistic that I was less than 1% of the people who play the game using player lock. I wanted to create my own personal challenge and not RTTS and don't care if it has a multiple career path mode. I build my own story through my own experience of the player I chose to create and lock.

So I know we wish every time around this year to see what's changed and been removed or fixed. But who knows maybe it's time for a new baseball game to hit the market!
Old 03-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #30
Rookie

am holding out hope for 'more' on the dev stream.

but i was hoping for scouting to actually matter this year, maybe international scouting. i wasn't expecting relocation, stadium creator, or anything like that. but i was hoping for something more than this video teases..

"45 minutes" / "10 minutes" / "5 minutes" tags are a cosmetic touch that are for new players of the show, and not exactly a feature for the existing franchise fans.

i dunno, still hoping for more. but i wont be upset i guess if it is just a fresh coat of paint on an existing mode. bummed, but wont be mad.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #31
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Early impressions are mixed, I'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a nice nugget or two on Thursday during the deep dive. I can see them making an online franchise announcement of some kind in the deep dive, but that's entirely speculation on my part.

A few things that struck me about this vlog...

The menus look new, but the options look largely unchanged. I didn't see any additions to the financial system/contracts or anything that would indicate an "owner mode." One new item was a "weekly cash flow," but I'm not sure if that's just an aesthetic or if there's any practical reason to slice the annual budget into weekly segments.

The drafting looks about the same, but the positional depth chart on the select player screen I think is new. For those who draft based on position, this is a good add.

The team morale breakdown screen is also a cool little item. You can get a quick feel for the "clubhouse vibe" without cycling through each player's card. It tells you how many "ecstatic" "satisfied" and so on.

One thing that might grow on me is the "Quick Manage" text-based sim option. I have been reluctant to sim games for lack of control over my stats, so it takes quite a while to advance through a full season. Having a bit more control here might make a 'play 1 sim x' method more attractive. Stepping back for an even more panoramic view, this also might signal an early fusion of an OOTP type game with MLB The Show. I think in several years time, a game that gives you the gameplay and artwork of MLB The Show and the depth and management minutia of OOTP would make this a very happy panda.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
As much as I don't want to say it, but this is a little underwhelming. It seems Scouting/Drafting, Budget, GM Contracts, League News, Sponsorships have all remained the same. The only real addition has been ways to simulate through seasons faster. Which I understand them worrying about because other sports fans may see 162 game schedule and feel overwhelmed, which is why RTTS and DD are the most popular modes.

Was really hoping for more Front Office improvements like Ticket and Merchandise Prices, revamped Scouting/Drafting system and an improved League News to help with the immersion.

I am very happy with Player Quirks and Critical Moments though!

I just hope Player Quirks are editable if not for MLB Players but for created/drafted players. I also hope Managers and Coaches are editable. If not attributes wise hopefully appearance wise.

Critical Moments should be a lot of fun though.

Hopefully the Deep Dive has some hidden gems.
I'm excited about player quirks as well, but it is just worrisome that that is included in the franchise dive (unless it really is just franchise specific). It gives the impression that franchise wasn't given much attention.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »