Home

MLB The Show 17 Franchise Mode Livestream Breakdown

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Franchise Mode Livestream Breakdown within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #33
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Mode Livestream Breakdown

Mlb 16

Mlb 17

I mean, maybe slightly different, not really though. I think for the most part, most players body models look the same as last year.

Arrieta was one player that was noticeably different, the players with adjusted sleeve lengths look different. There's still plenty of work that could be done.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I mean, maybe slightly different, not really though. I think for the most part, most players body models look the same as last year.

Arrieta was one player that was noticeably different, the players with adjusted sleeve lengths look different. There's still plenty of work that could be done.
Sale actually looks tall AND lanky now, to me.
He didnt really look the combination before. IMO

A Work in Progress
Old 03-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #35
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Is there a single MLB team that uses the same exact lineup every single game?

Just trying to help talk you off the cliff!
No there is not. However, I do enjoy the lineups, rotations, and bullpens to be how they are on opening day. From there on, I don't care because it's a video game. It should be dynamic and how the CPU manages the teams, is how they manage the teams. However, there's a lot of silliness that happens with these lineups once you go past Spring Training. You have guys hitting in spots they don't normally hit in. Without using 25 man rosters you will even have guys who should be on the Opening Day team, in the minors because the CPU thinks they shouldn't be on the team due to rating. I like accuracy from Opening Day. Whatever happens afterward is fine. For you that may not be an issue, but for myself it is.

Talking me off the ledge is a bit overboard of a comment there especially when my post was nothing but proper. I didn't bash the game or anything. All I did was bring up a gripe I had that may now be fixed because of this addition to start from the regular season. I've bought this game since MLB 10 so if it hasn't bothered me enough to not buy the game, I don't think it will now.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
The Show looks to be a fantastic offering for Diamond Dynasty players.

For franchise guys like me, and I say this non-sarcastically, give OOTP a hard look if you haven't before. Show is a great game, but if a franchise mode is what you feel you're missing, you'll get that experience and then some with OOTP.

Different games, but perhaps your franchise fill can be found beyond your console, if that's what you're after.
I was playing high heat 02 until the show came along because I want manage mode with gameplay graphics. OOTP has a deep franchise but graphics are closer to micro league baseball than the show.

What seems a bit odd to me is the addition of quick manage which is a text based sim. Push the X button and red text says strikeout. Push the X button again and blue text says walk. It seems like people attracted to the short attention span style would be playing OOTP with similar gameplay but deeper franchise.

I'll keep playing the show but while quirks are an improvement I don't see much value in quick manage or critical situations. I've been pushing for create-a-team from DD to be added to franchise. Others want deeper contracts, relocation, deeper minor leagues, etc. The code for create-a-team is already written. How hard would it be to add it to franchise and enable the user to replace an existing team with their creation? I like the game, I'll buy it and play it but I'd love to be in the room when they discuss what to add to franchise next year.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #37
Rookie

Will the trade delays work again where we can step in and over ride unwarranted trades? Believe it's a key franchise piece that disappeared in 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #38
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen23
Will the trade delays work again where we can step in and over ride unwarranted trades? Believe it's a key franchise piece that disappeared in 16.

I second this.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #39
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen23

Forgot about this! That was a HUGE gripe I had with 16. I hope it's fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-11-2017, 10:06 PM   #40
Rookie

I'm curious if they tweaked the logic for the player morale? Found it quite annoying that guys would be upset with their contract less than a year after signing an extension. Then with no ability to renegotiate, I'm stuck with ano upset player for multiple seasons. One of the things I felt hurt the franchise experience. Also, young high level vets retiring if not signed as free agents because no team could afford to pay their salary, another annoyance I hope they fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »