Home

Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

This is a discussion on Poll: WBC - Would you want it in? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: WBC in MLB The Show?
Yes 81 60.90%
No 52 39.10%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Poll: WBC - Would you want it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
This is obviously a personal opinion and not necessarily relevant to the poll but....

Those who are not on the WBC wave are missing out and it is really unfortunate. The fact that so many people do not want to see it in the game, lets me know they aren't watching in real life. Because if you were, you would DEMAND it be in the game the way World Cup is in FIFA.

It is the best baseball you are going to see played probably all year. If you do not want to watch it because "it does not count" (it does) or because USA is probably going to be eliminated this week.....then I do not think you are a baseball fan....you might be an MLB fan or a fan of your team....but not a baseball fan.
Yea, you would probably be better off not assume why others have no interest in it being in the game.

I've watched as much as I can. I love the atmosphere and I love watching baseball that matters.

As others have mentioned though, it just wouldn't have the appeal to me as something to use once I get my hands on the game.

162 games is tough enough for me to get through these days. I wouldn't spend extra time in an additional mode and it's an absolute terrible assumption to make to say that tells you I'm not watching the WBC.....

Don't get me wrong, I would NEVER complain if they put it in for those of you that want it, nor would I be on here crying that it took dev time from something else.

But that also wouldn't change the fact that I still wouldn't play it.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #50
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it would be fun, at least add the teams. I wouldn't want to sacrifice anything for it though. At least make them playable in retro mode. I know I don't play all the modes the game has, so it's not fair for me to ask them to take a mode out that I don't play just to get a mode I might play once. A nice edition is to have it in franchise and have to deal with the risk of player injuries before the start of the season every 4 years. But I would probably skip it after playing once as I skip spring training as it is now. Nice thread discussion though
Old 03-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #51
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

OVR: 0

I personally love the WBC and wish it was taken more seriously by some of the players. I think it would be a fun addition to RTTS and Franchise, but I'm not sure if I would play it outside of that too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 12:59 AM   #52
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

I think just adding the teams with no other feature would be a lot of fun. Head to head with a buddy at home, or allow us to only use WBC teams vs eachother online. I think a lot of US fans are not as into it this year because it's kindve The US B team. If we were allowed to tweak roster, we could put trout and Harper, and really anybody we wanted. If the license was reasonably priced, I think at the very least, having only the teams would be a lot of fun.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:04 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

just....let us use the DD uniform creation suite for teams already in the game. we'll do the rest
Old 03-14-2017, 01:15 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
This is obviously a personal opinion and not necessarily relevant to the poll but....

It is the best baseball you are going to see played probably all year.
My biggest gripe with the WBC, really wish they would play the extra innings out traditionally. Anyone thats on base should have earned the right to be there. As forthe best baseball played all year, I would be intrigued to see if any of these teams could earn even a wildcard over a long grueling 162 game schedule. If they could play the WBC in October and at least play it every other year, I wouldnt mind seeing Sony try to get the licence, but for something only played every 4 years, I have my reservations.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-14-2017, 01:18 AM   #55
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Not a fan of the simple "yes" and "no" options on the poll, but I voted no.

I wouldn't mind it being added in after all the existing modes reach maturity, but there's so many things to add to franchise mode in the meantime before even considering adding this. No chance the devs are even thinking about adding this in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 02:52 AM   #56
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

This would be the most intriguing game mode to me behind franchise but I voted no because I don't want it in the game if it's not going to be fully featured.

I'd play the WBC before, a playoff mode, ASG, online challenges, etc and so on but they won't be able to license all of it with players from other leagues than the MLB. It's a game that I think would have to come out on it's own and then it will still be a problem if MLB the Show studios doesn't develop it..

So I voted no because I don't want to have some weird version of a WBC on "IBC" Internation Baseball Classic or something crazy and watered down..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »