Home

Tell me about your RTTS Finished Careers

This is a discussion on Tell me about your RTTS Finished Careers within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #17
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tell me about your RTTS Finished Careers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
To each their own.

I don't have that many homeruns though if I stick with my current player he will get there. I don't play RTTS or any other similiar sports career style game to be an average player. I am a once in a lifetime superstar player. I find that more enjoyable. If I want more realism I would play another mode, possibly use player lock in franchise mode.

The lifetime stats are also aided by the fact that many times you can be in the majors in this mode by the time you are 20 and because training points are easy to get. I have 40,000 stubs right now. I can either let them go to waste when I get the new game or convert them into training points for RTTS. I just can't see wasting that many stubs.
I agree everyone should play that best suits them and have the most fun. Outside of '16 I was playing on rookie because hitting was too difficult for me. And I want to be star as well. I'm just a little old school in that I like realistic numbers, at least as super stars go. I didn't mean to offend. Sorry.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
I agree everyone should play that best suits them and have the most fun. Outside of '16 I was playing on rookie because hitting was too difficult for me. And I want to be star as well. I'm just a little old school in that I like realistic numbers, at least as super stars go. I didn't mean to offend. Sorry.
There was no offense just explaining my motivations. I will be the first to admit that my current season is a little too unrealistic even for me. If I was going to play a new season in the 16 version of the game I would probably up the difficulty a notch, and probably unequip that Coors Field perk. I refuse to unequip the perk that results in all check swing appeals going my way though. I always felt like the check swing appeals were more of a coin flip than anything else.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #19
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
There was no offense just explaining my motivations. I will be the first to admit that my current season is a little too unrealistic even for me. If I was going to play a new season in the 16 version of the game I would probably up the difficulty a notch, and probably unequip that Coors Field perk. I refuse to unequip the perk that results in all check swing appeals going my way though. I always felt like the check swing appeals were more of a coin flip than anything else.
I didn't even realize we had perks until September.. Were they there in The Show 15? I get so excited to play I forgot to pay attention to what else they may have added that I didn't know about .. One reason why I'm on here more for the 17 game.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 03-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #20
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
I didn't even realize we had perks until September.. Were they there in The Show 15? I get so excited to play I forgot to pay attention to what else they may have added that I didn't know about .. One reason why I'm on here more for the 17 game.

They were one of the big additions last year (for the 16 version) I think it was along with the showtime slow down mechanic.

I have only ever used the two I mentioned. I only choose perks that last the whole game. I don't want to mess with perks that are only for one at bat or one pitch.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #21
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
They were one of the big additions last year (for the 16 version) I think it was along with the showtime slow down mechanic.

I have only ever used the two I mentioned. I only choose perks that last the whole game. I don't want to mess with perks that are only for one at bat or one pitch.
Thank you. I only used one myself but I can't seem to remember which one. Yes, one at bat or pitch not worth it.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #22
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Not a finished career, but one I've been doing since MLB 14! Started off as CF, then changed due to horrible fielding camera. Once they changed the camera in 16 I slowly moved back to CF.

Link to career stats - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-15-2017, 09:05 PM   #23
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Speaking of CF in RTTS I have been trying to reach the end of the current season and made it to the playoffs, where in game 2 my 99 contact, power and clutch game through in dramatic fashion!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGo0CLJHC4
Old 03-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #24
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

37 Years Old. 3 years left on my contract. This past season I started letting my attributes fall, even though I have plenty of Training Points, I want my career to follow normal regression as I age.

I have played every single at-bat of my 15-year career to date. All on All-Star Difficulty.

Not the first time I've ever played a full career, but this is the first time I've played every at-bat at a good difficulty.

When I finish my 3 seasons, I'll post my final stats and awards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »