Home

Your White Whale

This is a discussion on Your White Whale within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #25
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: What is your "White Whale" in the Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'll like add to this to mine as well, was so excited when they finally gave us the option to throw down to first, but it never seem to work, it was always a lazy throw to first.
I did it once in a head to head game but never against the CPU. The throws just never have enough urgency to them. Part of the problem with the lazy throw is because of the syncing with the 1B getting to the bag to receive the pick. I always wanted picks by the catcher to be an input function like we input a pitch out. That way the system knows the throw is coming if no contact is made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

This past year I achieved a lot of the "White Whale" objectives I had including playing 162 game season entirely, Have a player bat .400, strike out more than 20 in a game, and even my first ever unassisted triple play. Id also thrown 2 Perfect Games before one with Matt Wisler 2 years ago and another with Tim Hudson a year or two prior.

My next goals are to actually win the WS after playing all 162 (lost in divisional round), hit 5 HR with one guy in a game, and major career milestones for Career mode (homers, hits, etc).
Old 02-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #27
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I actually just successfully hunted one of my white whales: The triple crown. Jeez that was a long time coming.

The one that haunts me the most is actually a trophy from 14. They had trophies for accomplishments with individual players, and the Mike Trout trophy was steal 2 bases and hit for the cycle. I've actually told this story before on the forums so sorry if you've heard this already.

I traded for Mike Trout (I'm glad you're gone but I will miss you, broken trade system) and came close a few times. The game I came closest on, Mike Trout came to the plate for his 5th appearance of the game. He'd already hit a homerun, a triple, a double and had walked once. He had stolen 2nd on the walk and 3rd on the double. All I needed was a measly single and that trophy was mine. The pitch is delivered and Trout pops a solid sinking liner in the opposite direction nicely over the 2nd baseman's head. Then the RF comes charging in and dives at the last possible second, getting the ball. A piece of me died that day.

It's not a trophy anymore. I doubt it ever will be again. Mike Trout is still on my team (thank you y2y saves). If I ever do accomplish that with him, I will party like mad.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 27

I have yet to throw a perfect game. I did throw a no-hitter with my RTTS pitcher back in MLB 11.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #29
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I threw a 9 inning no-hitter, but couldn't score and lost in the 10th. Never completed one. Never won the WS (never even made it, actually). Never had a 4 HR game.

There are a few, but the perfect game is my most sought after.
I watched this game on twitch. It was sad to watch...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-29-2016, 04:38 PM   #30
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

Never got a triple play once, unless it was online or against a friend.
Havent beaten 73 home runs in a season on rtts or season/franchise (while playing all games) I did it once when they first had rtts but thats only because I made it as easy as possible so I could slug whatever I wanted. But never did it with my batting difficulty where it belongs
Old 02-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Playing defense well.

I always play RTTS as a pitcher or a catcher because I can't catch the ball worth a damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #32
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

I have a lot myself. Never threw a no hitter or turned a triple play. My biggest one, that shouldn't be that hard, is have a starter win 20 games, lol. I play every game and the most I've won was 19 two years in a row with Lester. In my current season I have a rookie starter whose 8-1 at the end of May so I might finally get it done. Unless, of course I have a melt down after I carry it over to 16!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »