Home

Deluxe/MVP edition pack contents?

This is a discussion on Deluxe/MVP edition pack contents? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #9
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Deluxe/MVP edition pack contents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooch66
I can get the regular version at Best Buy (or Amazon) for $50, and then another $50 would get me 67,500 stubs (based on mlb 16 stub prices). 20k stubs would get me the same 20 packs so I'd be up 47,500 stubs. The digital deluxe comes with 11,000 stubs so then I'd be up 36,500 stubs with the regular version, but without the deluxe pack, and the gold and diamond starter packs. So essentially those gold and diamond players need to be worth 36k stubs for it to be worth it over the regular edition. It's close. It depends who the diamond is. And how hard it is to do the mission.

I feel like I'm back in school trying to figure where two trains will meet if leaving different places at different speeds

I went with Deluxe as figured it was player cards for those levels, but the way you break it down makes it interesting now to see how it plays out and maybe make me do it different next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 03-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Deluxe/MVP edition pack contents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiddy
I feel like I'm back in school trying to figure where two trains will meet if leaving different places at different speeds

I went with Deluxe as figured it was player cards for those levels, but the way you break it down makes it interesting now to see how it plays out and maybe make me do it different next year

Lol I know right? The deluxe, $100.00 version, should be hands down the best value and it's just not. It's close, but it's not clearly better than just getting the base game and buying stubs. The version with the physical hat is definitely worth it, as those New Era snap backs are at least $25 if not $40. But I refuse to do business with Gamestop, even when it's The Show involved.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #11
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Deluxe/MVP edition pack contents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooch66
Lol I know right? The deluxe, $100.00 version, should be hands down the best value and it's just not. It's close, but it's not clearly better than just getting the base game and buying stubs. The version with the physical hat is definitely worth it, as those New Era snap backs are at least $25 if not $40. But I refuse to do business with Gamestop, even when it's The Show involved.

Yea that was my original route but cancelled the other day and went with the digital deluxe, trying to break away from GameStop myself. Plus when it comes to The Show (all sports games really) have little to no trade value anyway. But like most tired of getting chump change for them to then turn around and see that very same traded in game for $20+ more.

Anyway I'm rambling damn clock move faster so I can get my baseball fix lol

Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »