Home

MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #3569
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc050610
I know it was discussed in the past but there really isn't a single trade you can do that can unload Miggy and that contract and get any bit of talent or value in return without just screwing the CPU. Wrong side of 30 and declining and a terrible contract that is virtually untradeable. Maybe there is a bad starting pitcher contract out there to trade for but in terms of getting prospects back there really isn't a fair trade unless you take more bad contracts back on in the deal.
That is what I thought. I was seeing if I missed anything. I ended up cutting him when no one picked him up on trade waivers. It will be eating his contract for 3 years and open a roster spot. Thanks for the input.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 11-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #3570
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Gearing up for next year.

How does this sound on paper?

Red Sox Receive:
Gincarlo Stanton
Justin Bour
Ian Happ

Chicago Receives:
Andrew Benintendi
Kyle Barraclough

Marlins Receive:
Kyle Schwarber
Jason Groome
Michael Chavis
Adbert Alzoway

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wow that trade looks really good for the Cubs honestly.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:42 AM   #3571
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
That is what I thought. I was seeing if I missed anything. I ended up cutting him when no one picked him up on trade waivers. It will be eating his contract for 3 years and open a roster spot. Thanks for the input.
Would a Hanley for Cabrera swap work? Hanley’s owed big money but for less years

I also think the baseball world is going to be shocked how little the Marlins get for Stanton. He’s got them by the b***s because of his no trade clause and how much money he’s owed. He’s going to dictate to where and for how much he’s traded. I’d say it’s going to be one top-10 prospect and maybe two or three top-30 guys which isn’t much for a 60HR potential guy
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Last edited by redsoxfan31; 11-05-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #3572
Rookie

jdiaz891's Arena

OVR: 1

Playing as the Mets and i am considering trading away Matt Harvey. Hell be a FA at the end of the season and i dont feel comfortable handing over such a huge amount of money when hes injury prone player who is currently slotted towards the back of my rotation. Hes 5-1 2.48 ERA 69k's in 72.2 innings.

Hes pitching very well and i wanna make a move since he has value.

Teams that are in the race are : Red Soxs, Yankees, Tigers ( I have no idea how the lead there division), Indians, Angels, Astros, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants Diamondbacks.

Out of the bunch Yankees are having the hardest time with pitching. Also id be looking for a little more than usual if i were to send Harvey to the cross town rivals.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #3573
Rookie

Trades question: I do 30 team control with the CPU controlling the other 29 teams. Does my trade block need to be set to Auto or manual? If I set to auto I don't want the CPU initiating trades for the team I control; I only want it to trade for the other teams. A bit confused so any explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #3574
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz891
Playing as the Mets and i am considering trading away Matt Harvey. Hell be a FA at the end of the season and i dont feel comfortable handing over such a huge amount of money when hes injury prone player who is currently slotted towards the back of my rotation. Hes 5-1 2.48 ERA 69k's in 72.2 innings.

Hes pitching very well and i wanna make a move since he has value.

Teams that are in the race are : Red Soxs, Yankees, Tigers ( I have no idea how the lead there division), Indians, Angels, Astros, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants Diamondbacks.

Out of the bunch Yankees are having the hardest time with pitching. Also id be looking for a little more than usual if i were to send Harvey to the cross town rivals.
I signed Harvey for 2/18 in FA my only big signing as the Phillies.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:19 AM   #3575
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

What would it take to get Randal Grichuk to the Braves? In the off-season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #3576
MVP

Syce's Arena

So, i found out last night that CPU logic and player Logic are different. heres what i mean.

Last night I finished a game in my Yankees franchise, as i was advancing to the next day i accidently had auto trading on. so my team decided to do a few trades. now I just backed out of them because i never really wanted them but there trades were as follows:

To Yankees: Ryan Braun and Keon Broxton
To Brewers: Mashiro Tanaka

and another trade:

To Yankees: Nomar Mazara and Jeremy Hellickson
To Rangers: Aaron Judge

now through out the past few months in my franchise teams have really shown interest in Tanaka as he is a candidate for Cy Young at the moment(i am now nearing trade deadline).

heres where it gets weird IMO.

so i wanted to see what the interest levels were for those trades so I backed out and reloaded the franchise so the trades never did happen, but i wanted to see if they would still work IF i did those trades manually. So went into Trade screen and found out that both of those trades would not work as the other teams think they are not getting proper return, which is weird considering CPU to CPU it happened.

now I am not sure if this is some sort of logic bug or what but I just thought that was weird.
Toronto Maple Leafs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »