Home

Franchise Noob

This is a discussion on Franchise Noob within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Franchise Noob

Ok, so I played a hell of a lot of franchise games on '16, but only controlled two teams. I got the game (and the PS4) for Christmas so used the most up to date rosters.

This year I'd like to set myself up a more realistic franchise, and I'm not exactly sure how to get it all done. I know there are great threads out there so I'm happy for you to just like to them.

- Hybrid rosters, are they worth the wait?

- OSFM future versions, do they just continue editing mistakes or do they actually contain transactions that have occurred after Opening Day?

- injuries, is the fastest way to put the A ball guys back into majors just to manually do it before starting the franchise, or is there a roster I can download. I'm less concerned about the realism thing here, I'm going to play multiple years so they have plenty of time to get injured in the game.

- 25 man 40 man and lineups, can someone provide a link to the best way to have realistic lineups and 40 man rosters for opening day? Again, I'm ok inserting injured players back into lineups.

- 30 team control, I know there is a great thread and I'm sure I can follow the directions. BUT if I do 30 team control and want a team to carry out its own transactions, can I just set that profile to auto for everything? Then what if I want to control that same team later down the road and not have the computer control it any longer, can I make that change?

Thanks!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Re: Franchise Noob

OSFM future editions will have up-to-date transactions and they will add the draft prospects after the first-year player draft in June too.

You're probably better off setting a 30-man franchise. It's not for everybody and it takes a while to get everything set-up but it tends to give you a more realistic experience. You can find out how to do that in the sticky posts at the top of thread.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwilli4
Ok, so I played a hell of a lot of franchise games on '16, but only controlled two teams. I got the game (and the PS4) for Christmas so used the most up to date rosters.

This year I'd like to set myself up a more realistic franchise, and I'm not exactly sure how to get it all done. I know there are great threads out there so I'm happy for you to just like to them.

- Hybrid rosters, are they worth the wait?

- OSFM future versions, do they just continue editing mistakes or do they actually contain transactions that have occurred after Opening Day?

- injuries, is the fastest way to put the A ball guys back into majors just to manually do it before starting the franchise, or is there a roster I can download. I'm less concerned about the realism thing here, I'm going to play multiple years so they have plenty of time to get injured in the game.

- 25 man 40 man and lineups, can someone provide a link to the best way to have realistic lineups and 40 man rosters for opening day? Again, I'm ok inserting injured players back into lineups.

- 30 team control, I know there is a great thread and I'm sure I can follow the directions. BUT if I do 30 team control and want a team to carry out its own transactions, can I just set that profile to auto for everything? Then what if I want to control that same team later down the road and not have the computer control it any longer, can I make that change?

Thanks!!!!!

I don't use OSFM. I use the live roster update. The current live roster is the same as when the game was released on 3/28. The first live roster update after opening day will be tomorrow. April 14.

I don't use 30 team control. I see no reason to. I'm only interested in running one team.

I don't understand you injuries question. Depending on the length of the injury you can either use the disabled list or keep the player active.

40 and 25 man roster.

40 man - go to manage roster screen. Click the X button. Scroll over to 40 man. Click the X button and click X button again on sort. Everybody on the 40 man roster will be listed and you can remove and add people as you see fit. During the off season before the rule 5 draft make sure you have you 40 man updated and if you intend to draft a player - sometimes good players are left unprotected - you need as many open spots on the 40 man as players you draft.

25 man - simply go to lineup and pitching rotation. I always use 13 position players and 12 pitchers with a couple long relievers in the bullpen.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I don't use OSFM. I use the live roster update. The current live roster is the same as when the game was released on 3/28. The first live roster update after opening day will be tomorrow. April 14.

I don't use 30 team control. I see no reason to. I'm only interested in running one team.

I don't understand you injuries question. Depending on the length of the injury you can either use the disabled list or keep the player active.

40 and 25 man roster.

40 man - go to manage roster screen. Click the X button. Scroll over to 40 man. Click the X button and click X button again on sort. Everybody on the 40 man roster will be listed and you can remove and add people as you see fit. During the off season before the rule 5 draft make sure you have you 40 man updated and if you intend to draft a player - sometimes good players are left unprotected - you need as many open spots on the 40 man as players you draft.

25 man - simply go to lineup and pitching rotation. I always use 13 position players and 12 pitchers with a couple long relievers in the bullpen.

Well maybe I'm not a franchise noob after all.

I'm not sure you understood my questions, but that's okay, it seems I will have to sift through the information that has already been posted on this site. This was just a lazy attempt at having people link me to the best threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »