Home

Old 04-16-2017, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quick manage

They should have worked more on this mode as it's apparent that it's basically a slightly reworked "sportscast manager" mode.

First of all, you don't have access to the bullpen so you don't have to warm up the pitchers (Ramone lied about this in one of the streams). It's not a huge deal unless you want to enter the game in the last innings.

But more importantly, there are some changes that are made by the cpu for you in the game.
If your player is injured, he's automatically replaced by the cpu. You don't get to pick the replacement.
In my last game, a pinch runner entered the game without my intervention.

I hope they improve the mode next year because I really like the idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Quick manage

I disagree. With only one programmer assigned to franchise I believe the focus should be on making the mode deeper.

Quick counts, quick manage, critical moments are all for the people who don't have time to be bothered.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Quick counts, quick manage, critical moments are all for the people who don't have time to be bothered.
They are for people who have lives to live, yet still want to get some game time in. QC's, QM and critical moments are all vastly important pieces to franchise mode for adults who want to get some game time in.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpxgalaxy
They should have worked more on this mode as it's apparent that it's basically a slightly reworked "sportscast manager" mode.

First of all, you don't have access to the bullpen so you don't have to warm up the pitchers (Ramone lied about this in one of the streams). It's not a huge deal unless you want to enter the game in the last innings.

But more importantly, there are some changes that are made by the cpu for you in the game.
If your player is injured, he's automatically replaced by the cpu. You don't get to pick the replacement.
In my last game, a pinch runner entered the game without my intervention.

I hope they improve the mode next year because I really like the idea.
Agreed. There are some baserunning advancement issues that are legacy to sportscast manager that need fixing too. All in all though I really like the concept and am using it to advance my franchise.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
They are for people who have lives to live, yet still want to get some game time in. QC's, QM and critical moments are all vastly important pieces to franchise mode for adults who want to get some game time in.
I know this is not really how you meant it. But I find it very annoying that everybody thinks that all adults with "lives to live" dont have time to play games. I am 49, have had two very successful careers and have a busy a life as anybody. I have never used QC or QM and set aside time every day to game as I see fit. Last year I made it thru almost 4 complete seasons, playing every inning of every game, 3 play thrus of The Witcher 3 and several other games.

Now I am not knocking people who don't feel they have the time and love these features. I just don't like the blanket statement that these modes are for adults that have lives.

Edit and completely off topic: I think more companies in Gaming should realize that my "age group" are the ones that have been gameing since there have been games to play are a pretty large group and we have a whole lot more disposable income than gamers half our age. LOL Just kidding.....kind of, but you all see my point right?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-16-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I know this is not really how you meant it. But I find it very annoying that everybody thinks that all adults with "lives to live" dont have time to play games. I am 49, have had two very successful careers and have a busy a life as anybody. I have never used QC or QM and set aside time every day to game as I see fit. Last year I made it thru almost 4 complete seasons, playing every inning of every game, 3 play thrus of The Witcher 3 and several other games.

Now I am not knocking people who don't feel they have the time and love these features. I just don't like the blanket statement that these modes are for adults that have lives.

Edit and completely off topic: I think more companies in Gaming should realize that my "age group" are the ones that have been gameing since there have been games to play are a pretty large group and we have a whole lot more disposable income than gamers half our age. LOL Just kidding.....kind of, but you all see my point right?
You mean like the blanket statement that those things are for people who don't want to be bothered thus shouldn't be worked on, which you conveniently skipped over, which is what I was responding to. Context.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #7
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You mean like the blanket statement that those things are for people who don't want to be bothered thus shouldn't be worked on, which you conveniently skipped over, which is what I was responding to. Context.
I did not skip over anything. I responded to your comment only as the other one was clearly trollish and did not need a comment from me and I was just sharing an opinion. Context

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I did not skip over anything. I responded to your comment only as the other one was clearly trollish and did not need a comment from me and I was just sharing an opinion. Context
Then you took mine out of context. As it was clear what I was responding to.

Quote:
There is truth to this. We have a whole different budget when it comes to hobbies than the average gamer in his 20's. I wonder if they'll ever realize this?

Last edited by bkrich83; 04-16-2017 at 01:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »