Home

Franchise Re-build?

This is a discussion on Franchise Re-build? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9
Franchise Re-build?

Hey Guys,

Wondering who you would choose as your team if you were looking to re-build a franchise in the game! Looking at teams that are stuck with bad contracts, stuck with too many older players, or stuck with too little talent. Any kind of re-build, even if the team is in good position right now, maybe that won't translate long term.

My initial thoughts went towards the Rockies.

1. Trade Carlos Gonzalez for some pitching.
2. Bring up Brendan Rodgers mid season, if he's hitting, and that would give you a chance to possibly move LeMahieu for more pitching.

How about you guys? Any thoughts on what you would do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Cdub28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Re-build?

I am rolling with the Dbacks. Pretty rough farm system. However, looks like their cap space will be rather clear after the next year or two with the exception of Greinke's big salary (which is a good trading piece). I am currently like 32-25 or so at the beginning of June on my chise. I have Greinke on the trading block with a few others. Ketel Marte was a pleasant surprise until he went down for the season with an achilles tear sliding into third base for a triple. This happened just a couple days ago. Also, Lamb is leading the majors with like 20 homers through May.

Anyways, I am not sure how to approach my team currently. I am stuck on attempting to make a playoff run or trying to rebuild now. There are many directions that I could take honestly. I think I had a pretty decent draft the other day. I got an A potential left fielder who can already be in my lineup as far as batting wise, but his fielding sucks.

Sorry to blabber on, but I wanted to give you an idea of what this team is like to play with and give you an idea of the possibilities that could happen.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Rookie

I started one with the braves and it's worked well. Traded the old veterans like colon. Traded vizciano. Got bullpen help and some top prospects. Made minor FA moves in the off-season. So far in year 2 I am 3-1, Freddie Freeman is killing it and for whatever reason Dansby Swanson is raking the ball

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

I've thought about tackling a franchise with the A's. No real top tier talent, a mid level farm system, and some aging vets make for an interesting scenario there. I know some folks don't like playing in O.co, but I kinda like playing there and I like the colors and unis lol.

I might try to tackle that project whenever I get bored or tired of my other franchises.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #5
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

I would say TOR, DET, or LAA are pretty solid rebuilds. TOR and DET are good now, but not so bueno in 2-3 years most likely and LAA is no bueno now and has no great outlook going forward other than the milleville meteor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 09:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

The White Sox and try building the team around Tim Anderson, Moncada, Rodon, Fulmer, Giolito, Lopez, and Kopech.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #7
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdub28
I am rolling with the Dbacks. Pretty rough farm system. However, looks like their cap space will be rather clear after the next year or two with the exception of Greinke's big salary (which is a good trading piece). I am currently like 32-25 or so at the beginning of June on my chise. I have Greinke on the trading block with a few others. Ketel Marte was a pleasant surprise until he went down for the season with an achilles tear sliding into third base for a triple. This happened just a couple days ago. Also, Lamb is leading the majors with like 20 homers through May.

Anyways, I am not sure how to approach my team currently. I am stuck on attempting to make a playoff run or trying to rebuild now. There are many directions that I could take honestly. I think I had a pretty decent draft the other day. I got an A potential left fielder who can already be in my lineup as far as batting wise, but his fielding sucks.

Sorry to blabber on, but I wanted to give you an idea of what this team is like to play with and give you an idea of the possibilities that could happen.
I think I may go with the DBacks as well. I will probably see how the first month or so goes, and if we're doing poorly, I might have a fire sale and work towards the future. Possibly even look at trading Goldy, Greinke, Tomas, etc to build up the farm system. Embrace the tank as they say!
Old 04-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Cdub28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2201
I think I may go with the DBacks as well. I will probably see how the first month or so goes, and if we're doing poorly, I might have a fire sale and work towards the future. Possibly even look at trading Goldy, Greinke, Tomas, etc to build up the farm system. Embrace the tank as they say!
Keep us updated on how it turns out

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »