Home

Just a little rant!

This is a discussion on Just a little rant! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Just a little rant!

Am I the only one here who is getting kind of tired of posting our wishlists every year only to be mostly disappointed when none of our wishes are added to the game?

I am personally just really tried of posting my big wishlist only to be disappointed with each new version. Same goes for posting photos of things in stadiums that need updating and waiting 10+ years for them to be added to the game is getting old!

And I just got to say I have been playing MLB The Show since the first version on PS3 which was 07 and I am finally at my wits end when it comes to the CPU AI in this game! The CPU AI in this game just kills it from being very realistic. I am mainly talking about how the CPU AI manages the pitchers. If a manager in real life used there Starting Pitching and Bullpen like the CPU AI does in MLB The Show 17 they would be fired really quickly! I love MLB The Show and look forward to each new version every year. But for some reason I am already bored of MLB The Show 17 and I really think it's mainly because of the terrible CPU AI!

I know we all want the graphics, presentation, commentary, gameplay to improve every year but after playing MLB The Show for 10 years now I finally realize what is killing this game is the CPU AI!!!

Last edited by tnixen; 05-10-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #2
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Just a little rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Am I the only one here who is getting kind of tired of posting our wishlists every year only to be mostly disappointed when none of our wishes are added to the game?

I am personally just really tried of posting my big wishlist only to be disappointed with each new version. Same goes for posting photos of things in stadiums that need updating and waiting 10+ years for them to be added to the game is getting old!

And I just got to say I have been playing MLB The Show since the first version on PS3 which was 07 and I am finally at my wits end when it comes to the CPU AI in this game! The CPU AI in this game just kills it from being very realistic. I am mainly talking about how the CPU AI manages the pitchers. If a manager in real life used there Starting Pitching and Bullpen like the CPU AI does in MLB The Show 17 they would be fired really quickly! I love MLB The Show and look forward to each new version every year. But for some reason I am already bored of MLB The Show 17 and I really think it's mainly because of the terrible CPU AI!

I know we all want the graphics, presentation, commentary, gameplay to improve every year but after playing MLB The Show for 10 years now I finally realize what is killing this game is the CPU AI!!!
Ramone basically stated that those threads are useless to getting things added in the game.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

There's been a ton of things that have gotten added that we've asked for. It's just not directly the next year, but it does happen...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 05-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I have to agree with CPU GM/manager not getting any better for so long has been a very questionable (non)move by the developers.

I use the word "questionable" since I tend to think it's a low-hanging fruit to at least tweak very minimally implemented logic currently in place to improve the game a whole lot (I think better AI there will *vastly* improve the game experience), and I don't believe, relatively speaking, it's a kind of thing that is difficult to do right due to the fine balance that needs to be maintained with the rest of the game/product (like say Humanity AI with fielding mechanics).

Relatively little attention/improvement given to the aspect of the game makes it feel like the priority for vs. CPU games (as opposed to vs. HUM/online) has not been very high. That of course coincides with the frustrations often vented by people in this forum, the majority of whom are probably into vs. CPU game modes like franchise/season.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

I don't think its so much of a rant but I understand the OP original point. I think this happens when you buy the game year after year over a long period of time.

You tend to look for things some glaring issues some not. But over time you start too feel a certain way about features or things that could be improved.
For me this happened with Madden. A fan of football but my expectations of the game were just different than the product they put out every year and that's okay!

Over time after each iteration I just simply stopped buying the game which felt weird in the beginning but over time it just became the norm!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I think The Show has done a pretty decent job of trying to implement some of our ideas. If you REALLY wanna feel like you've wasted your time, go post in the FIFA wish list thread. You might as well type out everything you'd like to see...and then just delete it all. It'll get you the same results.
#WeAreND
Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #7
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Whilst there is certainly room for improvement, i think the cpu pitcher ai this year is the best it has ever been in all my years of playing.
They at least attempt to match up somewhat correctly (lefty v lefty) which to my knowledge NEVER happened in previous versions.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Ramone basically stated that those threads are useless to getting things added in the game.

Basically this.

You've been here for years and Ramone has been telling everyone for years the wishlists don't don't do anything for them.

If you want to keep taking the time every year at this point to make them that's on you.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »