Home

Can't add anyone to the 40 man after the 1st season!?

This is a discussion on Can't add anyone to the 40 man after the 1st season!? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't add anyone to the 40 man after the 1st season!?

I am using 30 team control and after year 1 every teams 40 man we're full but even when you remove someone from the 40 man and try to add someone it says " only major league free agents may be added to the 40 man roster between November 20 and the rule five draft in December" and it's April!! Is my franchise doomed!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can't add anyone to the 40 man after the 1st season!?

Anyone have any insight on this issue!?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP20
I am using 30 team control and after year 1 every teams 40 man we're full but even when you remove someone from the 40 man and try to add someone it says " only major league free agents may be added to the 40 man roster between November 20 and the rule five draft in December" and it's April!! Is my franchise doomed!?
It does sound like a glitch. I haven't seen that happen myself.

Watch me play video games
Old 12-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Rookie

vbarletta's Arena

OVR: 1

Did you ever found a solution for this? I am having the same glitch
Old 01-04-2018, 03:46 AM   #5
Just started!

robdubious's Arena

Same issue here. It’s happening a lot in my franchise (every season, currently in year two). To recreate it do this about a week or two before the All-Star break. Release an MLB player (for me, happened on Jay Bruce, Yonder Alonso, Joey Bautista, Jonathan Lucroy, Mitch Moreland, Carlos Santana, Logan Morrison, Carlos Gonzalez). Do not acquire them via waivers. Wait for them to hit free agent pool. Once they’re in the free agent pool, sign them with any team. These players end up in triple A. When you try to add them to the 40-man roster, you get that annoying message:

“Only Major League free agents may be added to the 40-man roster between November 20th and the Rule 5 draft in December.”

You get this bug regardless of whether or not you have room on your 40-man. I did it with 38-39 players on 40 man. Also, bug still occurs even if you have less than 25 on your Major League roster. What’s particularly unusual behavior is that you sign these players to big MLB contracts and they then show up in triple A instead of the majors. And they’re stuck there until season’s end. Is this an acknowledged bug? And was it fixed in MLB The Show 17?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 11:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Same glitch here. 30-team control in franchise and can't add anybody to 40-man rosters once the 2018 season begins.

Franchise mode is totally useless, since it just becomes season mode without the ability to call anybody up past Year 1.

Edit: messing around with a previous save, changing 40-man roster from manual to auto seems to have worked after simming ahead to 2018. It requires a lot of cleaning up, since the CPU will add whoever it wants, but at least you have the freedom to add/remove players from the 40-man.

Last edited by sach0032; 01-30-2018 at 11:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »