Home

I Blew a Save in The AS Game, Then Sent to AAA!

This is a discussion on I Blew a Save in The AS Game, Then Sent to AAA! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 08:07 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I Blew a Save in The AS Game, Then Sent to AAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondmsu
Regardless or what those numbers are, at the end of the day, his guy was an all-star. Are you aware of any time in MLB history where a guy made the all-star team and then, within a week or two, was demoted to the minor leagues for non-injury or non-behavioral reasons?
Simply asked him a question in an attempt to see if we can determine what factors the AI used to send him down other than a random incident. If we can figure out a possibility then we can in turn pass that information along to the devs who can look into it and possibly fix. I mean, that used to be what this community was all about, helping each other and trying to find causes for issues to pass along to the devs who would in turn make the game better.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-31-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Simply asked him a question in an attempt to see if we can determine what factors the AI used to send him down other than a random incident. If we can figure out a possibility then we can in turn pass that information along to the devs who can look into it and possibly fix. I mean, that used to be what this community was all about, helping each other and trying to find causes for issues to pass along to the devs who would in turn make the game better.
Yes, I know you're trying to help find a solution. I wasn't attacking you. I'm just saying that there's no good baseball logic behind this. So it must be a glitch.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:39 AM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondmsu
Yes, I know you're trying to help find a solution. I wasn't attacking you. I'm just saying that there's no good baseball logic behind this. So it must be a glitch.
It may very well be a glitch. But until we receive more information from the OP, its tough to determine exactly what happened.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 08:49 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
To be fair, before the AS game my ERA was like 0.95 and i had not blown any saves. Then i pitched in the All Star Game and gave up a 3 run HR.
The next to games after the break i blew saves in both of those games back to back ballooning my ERA to 2.45 that you see above with a total of 2 bsv.
Maybe the combination of blowing back to back saves and the increase in ERA caused the AI to think they needed to replace you?

May not be the best of decisions, but I would be curious if anyone else has experienced the same send down after blowing 2 saves in a row?

Old 05-31-2017, 05:59 PM   #13
Rookie

I'm still curious to know A) who is now the closer at the MLB level and what the team's record is, and B) if teams in the game send younger guys down during down seasons not just in RTTS but also in Franchise in order to delay their free agency (when they accumulate 6 MLB service years).
Old 06-05-2017, 02:33 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Not saying I don't believe you but I don't see the proof in those screen shots. Just a simple observation on my part.

I see maybe what ur saying...the first pic was supposed to show that in in AAA as it is a screenshot of their Bullpen...but i guess there isnt anything showing that its a AAA team...lol...my bad

In my defense the pics were just supposed to be a bonus visual. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-05-2017, 02:48 AM   #15
Banned

Update to my situation:

Sorry took so long. Well they promoted me right back less than a week later! I started simming cuz there was no way i was gonna go back to closing AAA games, and i dont think my guy even played a game before being called back up.

In a separate RTTS i have, something similar might be going on. My guy just won Player of the Month AND Rookie of the Month for the month of August. Im hitting.429 with 17 HRs. I didnt get sent down (yet) but after 2 games going 0-4 with 2 strikeouts in each game i was approached after the game by one of the coaches telling me to "change my approach" to cut down on "for these strikeouts."

Lol so twice after receiving some form of accolade and then following up with a bad game or 2, they have reprimanded me in some way ignoring the fact that i just received an accolade.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 02:49 AM   #16
Banned

Oops i meant to say "all these strikeouts"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »