Home

This player cannot be injured?

This is a discussion on This player cannot be injured? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

OVR: 0
This player cannot be injured?

I'm currently 42 games into my franchise, and the way I play is by starting the season with real long-term injuries, and then let my game decide who gets injured after that.

The issue I've run into is that there are a decent amount of my 40-man roster on my team (the White Sox) that are on the DL. Charlie Tilson, Carlos Rodon, James Shields, etc. are all injured for an extended amount of time, but still considered part of the 40-man. I've come to the point where nobody is getting injured now in my game (default injury slider at 5) because apparently nobody else can be injured. I get this message if I try to manually add someone:

"This player cannot be injured. You either have reached the maximum number of injured players, or your roster does not have enough players available."

Now obviously the error gives two points: I've reached a maximum of injuries (huh?) or my roster isn't big enough, which it definitely is. Because of this, I'm pretty sure that's why I'm not seeing any injuries during my season at all.

What should I do to fix this? I want certain players on the DL because they are in real life, but apparently they're just taking up space on the DL...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: This player cannot be injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiziv
I'm currently 42 games into my franchise, and the way I play is by starting the season with real long-term injuries, and then let my game decide who gets injured after that.

The issue I've run into is that there are a decent amount of my 40-man roster on my team (the White Sox) that are on the DL. Charlie Tilson, Carlos Rodon, James Shields, etc. are all injured for an extended amount of time, but still considered part of the 40-man. I've come to the point where nobody is getting injured now in my game (default injury slider at 5) because apparently nobody else can be injured. I get this message if I try to manually add someone:

"This player cannot be injured. You either have reached the maximum number of injured players, or your roster does not have enough players available."

Now obviously the error gives two points: I've reached a maximum of injuries (huh?) or my roster isn't big enough, which it definitely is. Because of this, I'm pretty sure that's why I'm not seeing any injuries during my season at all.

What should I do to fix this? I want certain players on the DL because they are in real life, but apparently they're just taking up space on the DL...
How many players do you have injured in total and on the DL?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Have you tried moving one of your players to the 60 day DL to get him off your 40 man for the time being to see if that does the trick?
Old 05-30-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
How many players do you have injured in total and on the DL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Have you tried moving one of your players to the 60 day DL to get him off your 40 man for the time being to see if that does the trick?
I currently have 6 people on the DL.

10-Day:
- Jake Petricka (from real life)
- James Shields (from real life)
- Zach Putnam (from real life)

60-Day:
- Charlie Tilson (from real life)
- Carlos Rodon (from real life)
- Trey Michalczewski (AAA player - broken shin from in game)
Old 05-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
I currently have 6 people on the DL.

10-Day:
- Jake Petricka (from real life)
- James Shields (from real life)
- Zach Putnam (from real life)

60-Day:
- Charlie Tilson (from real life)
- Carlos Rodon (from real life)
- Trey Michalczewski (AAA player - broken shin from in game)
Hmmmm....I'm honestly not sure why it isn't allowing you to injure more players, unless the game caps the max number of players on the DL at 6???

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Quote:
Hmmmm....I'm honestly not sure why it isn't allowing you to injure more players, unless the game caps the max number of players on the DL at 6???
Yeah I honestly don't even know. It's either that or has something to do with the amount of people on my roster/active roster? I wouldn't mind playing with it but just don't want to waste player options sending people down and such to see what would fix it...
Old 05-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I honestly don't even know. It's either that or has something to do with the amount of people on my roster/active roster? I wouldn't mind playing with it but just don't want to waste player options sending people down and such to see what would fix it...
I completely understand.

Be curious to know if anyone else has more than 6 players on the DL in their franchise.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Quote:
I completely understand.

Be curious to know if anyone else has more than 6 players on the DL in their franchise.
Yeah I'm kind of surprised nobody has mentioned anything about this yet, or at least from what I've seen by searching on the forums. I have a strong feeling that's why I haven't seen any injuries yet this year, even with default injury slider and having played 42 games. The only injury came from down in AAA so I didn't see it happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »