Home

CPU Infielders: Why Hasn't This Been Patched?

This is a discussion on CPU Infielders: Why Hasn't This Been Patched? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Infielders: Why Hasn't This Been Patched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Complaints are the only way they will fix stuff like this.

If you use custom rosters, then that would explain why you see different results.

Like I said, i love the game otherwise. This is just a really glaring issue that I'm surprised hasn't been addressed. I know the inane jump throws have at least been discussed here since the first week.

Thats the problem i have right there! You act entitled...you act as though they MUST fix something because the VIDEO GAME is not playing like you want it to.

Im not saying this forum shouldnt be used to address problems or glitches, but not to complain. You literally just said you are complaining so you will get what you want. Thats what 6 year olds do. We are grown men.

Why do you think this site is so heavily monitored and people get booted or shut down quickly when they go to far? You think its so they can make sure that important posts/complaints like yours get seen by the developers? No, its because society loses its integrity when they get behind a keyboard.

You are complaining about something that may or may not effect other people but you could care less, you want a freakin patch cuz something isnt going your way.

In the future, when you post something try imagining your TRUE intended audience (the game developers) are face to face with you. You would have more respect than to just complain in their faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #10
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone.. just wanting to bring some attention to this issue...not trying to simply complain. Providing feedback as someone who plays the game daily, loves it, and only wants to see it improve.

This is not some pet problem that only affects me. Just check the other thread I linked to....it's been a known issue since week 1:

Why can every SS and 3B make the jump throw perfectly?

So it seems this will affect everyone if they use default rosters.

If the issue doesn't bother you, then great...but please don't jump on me for trying to bring attention to it. I just want this aspect of the game to play more like real baseball as it has in years past. Like I said, I love the game overall, so I'm only trying to help.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-08-2017 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:18 AM   #11
Pro

I have to agree with the OP as well I see this a lot especially the jump throw cool in the beginning when you first see them! I even pause the game and check the guys stats just to make sure! I play from a slightly different perspective with player lock and game watch for all 9 innings for all 162 games offline. I also use OSFM rosters with default and occasionally tweaked slider while also putting an insane amount of hours into game play. So I definitely see a wide range of issues with it.

After playing over the last 5 years the way I have come to deal with these types of issues or annoyances. Is to simply just let it be and try to deal with it. It's easier said than done and yes it can be difficult for things that are glaring issues.

I think there were some decent improvements overall this year and I think in another 2-3 years we will get some good defensive organic gameplay so investing then might be ideal. But there is also a lot to enjoy in MLB 17(offline) and (some what!) balances out the good vs the bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #12
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Complaints are the only way they will fix stuff like this.

Underdog, you said you use custom rosters with much lower ratings, which would most likely explain why you see different results.

]
Let me clarify.

Using base mlb rosters I've seen a decent amount of throwing errors from the cpu with default sliders.

It's probably a bit below mlb average, but it isn't​ an issue for me.

For the amazing jump throws from average fielders, those unfortunately happen every game with the base rosters.

I don't see the amazing jump throws on my custom roster.

I don't think the throwing errors need a huge patch, just a slight #'s tweak.

The jump throws are a large issue and hopefully something they overhaul for 18.

That's my stance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #13
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
Thats the problem i have right there! You act entitled...you act as though they MUST fix something because the VIDEO GAME is not playing like you want it to.

Im not saying this forum shouldnt be used to address problems or glitches, but not to complain. You literally just said you are complaining so you will get what you want. Thats what 6 year olds do. We are grown men.

Why do you think this site is so heavily monitored and people get booted or shut down quickly when they go to far? You think its so they can make sure that important posts/complaints like yours get seen by the developers? No, its because society loses its integrity when they get behind a keyboard.

You are complaining about something that may or may not effect other people but you could care less, you want a freakin patch cuz something isnt going your way.

In the future, when you post something try imagining your TRUE intended audience (the game developers) are face to face with you. You would have more respect than to just complain in their faces.

His post is well within the TOS, and he states his point well, especially beyond just the original post.

Making a complaint about something doesn't make you a child.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #14
Banned

I understand and i didnt take you as someone that wanted to sounded like they were complaining and whining. I just think its the "regulars" on this forum that need to pick and choose their battles and research similar complaints before they just jump on here and vent their frustrations. The straight up a-holes are easy to spot, but often times people are mistaken as d-bags when they are not trying to be and it's because even the "regulars" have a complaining tone to their posts and discussions.

I know this isn't the first time this issue has been brought up. Incidentally, i agree with you on this issue. I have been there, playing the game when something "unrealistic" happens and I just wanna pause the game and jump on here and vent about it. But if we do that, we are just being selfish and "unrealistic" ourselves.

Gaming has come a long way in terms of the company/consumer relationships. This demanding/instant gratification attitude that gamers have has got to tone down. The way to fix that isnt by booting the straight up a-holes like the moderators do, its by reaching the bulk of this forums gamers (good guys like you and me) and getting them to engage/create discussions instead of venting in frustration.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #15
Banned

End of discussion from me. (Meaning sorry i will drop it now)
Didnt mean to be an a-hole.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #16
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I agree with this completely. I'd like to see it where only top level (yes, I know everyone's a Major Leaguer and they are all good players) can pull off gold glove plays consistently.

One of my biggest pet peeves comes on double plays. Ball hit deep in the hole between first and second. The second baseman, moving to his right fields the ball, wheels around and throws a perfect strike to the shortstop covering second base. In almost every instance, the second baseman should be taking The out at first. I don't mind this being pulled off by gold glove defenders but it happens entirely too often with average fielders. If they do make that throw it should be offline or into left field from time to time.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »