Home

Is there a way to play a franchise with all-time players

This is a discussion on Is there a way to play a franchise with all-time players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Is there a way to play a franchise with all-time players

So, here's me: I haven't bought a baseball game in like 15 years, at least. I don't really follow current baseball all that much. But, the nostalgia of potentially playing with classic players has kind of gotten to me.

Is it possible to play a multi-year franchise using "classic" players? I'd really like to have a giant fantasy draft and play out multiple season. I am sure it would require some work on my part, I just want to know if I can.

I know you can DL classic rosters, but if this is anything like NBA 2K, trying to play in franchise mode usually breaks the game. Anyway, was wondering if you guys could let me know, so I can decide whether to buy the thing or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is there a way to play a franchise with all-time players

yes
you have a couple options
you can play multiple seasons in Season Mode with 40 man rosters but no playable minor leagues or you can play a fuller version with 90 man rosters and playable AAA and AA minors in Franchise Mode.

A Work in Progress
Old 06-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFarrar
So, here's me: I haven't bought a baseball game in like 15 years, at least. I don't really follow current baseball all that much. But, the nostalgia of potentially playing with classic players has kind of gotten to me.

Is it possible to play a multi-year franchise using "classic" players? I'd really like to have a giant fantasy draft and play out multiple season. I am sure it would require some work on my part, I just want to know if I can.

I know you can DL classic rosters, but if this is anything like NBA 2K, trying to play in franchise mode usually breaks the game. Anyway, was wondering if you guys could let me know, so I can decide whether to buy the thing or not.
Hi. FINALLY!!!!!! Someone else who wants to use the Legends players on their franchise. I do this every year but it's such an enormous task for me. And I don't know how the best way to do it is.

There's two ways to do this without a draft.

1: Edit roster. Do this before you start a franchise. However this is extremely difficult and time consuming. You have to replace your team with legends. This is how I do it anyway. This takes a very long time for me because I am not good at picking who I want on my MLB roster and then who I put in the minors. I take all the legends. Not all players with an L because they're not legends so I don't know why in the world you give nobodies an L. So I use all the Hall of famers.

I get rid of all A ball players. Move AA players down to A ball. Move AAA players down to AA. Move MLB players to AAA and have all legends on MLB. However there's more then 25 Legends. So I have to figure out who I want on my MLB roster. This takes forever because there's so many first baseman and I like so many players.

Doing all this can take me 2-4 hrs. Spread out over two days sometimes.

Then I have to get the 40 man roster right. Then the line ups and rotations. If you tell the CPU to do this it puts the wrong players on the MLB team and I have to make changes. Ugh.

Then start a new franchise when yer done and save the roster. You need to enable ignore budget of course lol.

2: Start a new franchise. Enable ignore budget. Allow legends. You'll be at Spring training game one. You have to get rid of players. This gives you messages you will lose money on this by having to pay the remainder of their salary. Players have options. Have to release some from the team etc. this is a big time consuming and for me confusing process.

Then once you get rid of players you sign the legends from free agents. You put them on the team. But now what happens and this is what I don't understand. You'll lose some of these legends once the season starts. Not spring training but season. They have to go on waivers for some reason and other teams can pick them up. If they clear waivers they go to your AAA or whatever. Then you have to make more changes.

I don't understand any of that last part and would love it if someone would PLEASE PLEASE chime in here and explain this to me and what's the easiest way to do this stuff???
Old 06-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Yngwie Swain's Arena

OVR: 0

check out the all-time greats roster from BieBig2010 in the roster vault.

I used the one he provided last year and am soon going to import my MLB 2016 GOAT Franchise year 2 for streaming.

LOTS OF FUN
Old 07-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

yessssss this is all my friends and I do. In my opinion it's makes the franchises much more interesting. We all use PJSnell all time roster. We all feel as its the best classic roster out there. The roster makers this year really knocked them out of the park!! Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »