Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #73

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
No, power has actually been nerfed. Sliders are your only option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm not having issues with my own power, my team is ranked 18th in power per the standings screen and I'm hitting just short of 1.20 HR's per game. The feedback after a patch is so varied I got no idea how the developers realistically know what to fix and what not too. For every person that says hitting got worse you have someone else who is dumbing down their sliders because it's too easy.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:38 PM   #74
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
The feedback after a patch is so varied I got no idea how the developers realistically know what to fix and what not too. For every person that says hitting got worse you have someone else who is dumbing down their sliders because it's too easy.
Yeah exactly. When people say things like I played one game and if we're back to the dead ball era then I'm done...oh wait, that was you who said that.

Edit: Just joking around. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-26-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #75

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yeah exactly. When people say things like I played one game and if we're back to the dead ball era then I'm done...oh wait, that was you who said that.

Edit: Just joking around. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Touche but in my defense I didn't claim it was any different, I merely said if it continued down that path I wasn't interested in playing anymore while also asking what others were seeing. Due to my time being limited to 1 game a day a majority of the week if a patch drops I have to rely on others feedback to see what potentially was changed.

I have zero issues with my hitting, my actual issue when it comes to offense is the CPU doesn't hit for enough power actually. I'm going to have to increase their power as they are too passive and have warning track power most times. With sliders, multiple ways to play, all the different ways people play and all the different expectations as to what happens, I just don't know how a patch will ever "fix" the game for those that are unhappy with it. At some point people are just going to have to tweak the sliders until they can get as close to what they want and just play, myself included, as I'd almost prefer they stop patching entirely for fear of any side effects of them trying to fix something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #76
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Touche but in my defense I didn't claim it was any different, I merely said if it continued down that path I wasn't interested in playing anymore while also asking what others were seeing. Due to my time being limited to 1 game a day a majority of the week if a patch drops I have to rely on others feedback to see what potentially was changed.

I have zero issues with my hitting, my actual issue when it comes to offense is the CPU doesn't hit for enough power actually. I'm going to have to increase their power as they are too passive and have warning track power most times. With sliders, multiple ways to play, all the different ways people play and all the different expectations as to what happens, I just don't know how a patch will ever "fix" the game for those that are unhappy with it. At some point people are just going to have to tweak the sliders until they can get as close to what they want and just play, myself included, as I'd almost prefer they stop patching entirely for fear of any side effects of them trying to fix something.
Right on. I just found it funny that even your feedback has varied a bit over the weeks (yet it's totally understandable considering the number of patches), so actually it only proves your previous point about the all the different feedback the devs are faced with.

As for power levels, we do know for certain that power was nerfed a few patches ago (we all remember the mammoth HRs out of the box), and the majority of the feedback has shown that, although I think it's taken some people longer to realize it and they think that it's something in the latest patch(es) when it was really like 3 or so patches ago, yet it turns out it most likely wasn't as dramatic a change as some might think...Meanwhile, we have to consider the effect of skill level, hitting interface, other options, etc...

Anyways, totally agree with you man about sliders. Unfortunately it's not an option online though, so SDS has no choice but to try to balance the gameplay with patches, so I can't fault them for that. I think they've got it to a pretty good state at the moment. Hopefully next year they'll do a pre-launch beta for pre-orders so the balancing can start earlier, but that's just a dream of mine and I have no idea if they would even consider it.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-26-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #77

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Right on. I just found it funny that even your feedback has varied a bit over the weeks (yet it's totally understandable considering the number of patches), so actually it only proves your previous point about the all the different feedback the devs are faced with.

As for power levels, we do know for certain that power was nerfed a few patches ago (we all remember the mammoth HRs out of the box), and the majority of the feedback has shown that, although I think it's taken some people longer to realize it and they think that it's something in the latest patch(es) when it was really like 3 or so patches ago, yet it turns out it most likely wasn't as dramatic a change as some might think...Meanwhile, we have to consider the effect of skill level, hitting interface, other options, etc...

Anyways, totally agree with you man about sliders. Unfortunately it's not an option online though, so SDS has no choice but to try to balance the gameplay with patches, so I can't fault them for that. I think they've got it to a pretty good state at the moment. Hopefully next year they'll do a pre-launch beta for pre-orders so the balancing can start earlier, but that's just a dream of mine and I have no idea if they would even consider it.
I haven't seen a reduction in power but I use directional so maybe that's why? Last night I hit 5 HR's on HOF with default power and out of those 3 were pulled and 2 were opposite field including an opposite field HR that barely made it over the wall from Ben Gamel of all people. As for the CPU their power was down but I increased that slider and Houston hit 2 bombs off me last night including a mammoth shot to dead center from Evan Gattis.

As for patches, I get that the online community can't adjust sliders so they are kinda at the mercy of the game engine with no option to tweak anything I just hate seeing another patch drop, with minimal patch notes, and having to spend time trying to figure out what they potentially tweaked. This late in the cycle I should be locked in slider wise but with the regularity of patches and lack of notes it doesn't feel that way at times.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #78
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
I haven't seen a reduction in power but I use directional so maybe that's why? Last night I hit 5 HR's on HOF with default power and out of those 3 were pulled and 2 were opposite field including an opposite field HR that barely made it over the wall from Ben Gamel of all people. As for the CPU their power was down but I increased that slider and Houston hit 2 bombs off me last night including a mammoth shot to dead center from Evan Gattis.

As for patches, I get that the online community can't adjust sliders so they are kinda at the mercy of the game engine with no option to tweak anything I just hate seeing another patch drop, with minimal patch notes, and having to spend time trying to figure out what they potentially tweaked. This late in the cycle I should be locked in slider wise but with the regularity of patches and lack of notes it doesn't feel that way at times.
Could be. One of the devs posted on their forum that they reduced power for sure, and of course we all remember bruise's videoes of the insanely overpowered homeruns that thankfully don't happen anymore. It was definitely a real issue out of the box. Sounds like you're seeing a normal amount of HRs now, and although everyone hasn't been as lucky (again skill and settings play a factor here), I'd say they've struck a pretty good balance and sliders can do the rest.

At this point I'm much more concerned about things such as reliever fatigue and the lack of CPU infield throwing errors. You'd figure after all these patches they'd have things like that worked out by now.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-27-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #79

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Could be. One of the devs posted on their forum that they reduced power for sure, and of course we all remember bruise's videoes of the insanely overpowered homeruns that thankfully don't happen anymore. It was definitely a real issue out of the box. Sounds like you're seeing a normal amount of HRs now, and although everyone hasn't been as lucky (again skill and settings play a factor here), I'd say they've struck a pretty good balance and sliders can do the rest.

At this point I'm much more concerned about things such as reliever fatigue and the lack of CPU infield throwing errors. You'd figure after all these patches they'd have things like that worked out by now.
Haven't had any issues with RP stamina either. Throwing errors happen if you take those sliders close to the extreme as I did and then guys like Cano couldn't even loft the ball to first on a routine grounder without me crossing my fingers it wouldn't be errant.

The number one thing I'm concerned about is the CPU logic as it's just bad. I should have used 30-team control but for the first year in many I forgot and just jumped into my franchise. In the 1+ season I've played I've seen the following...

1. Rosters expand in September and any game the CPU is tied or losing they bring in nothing but low rated SP's out of the pen and refuse to bring in any of the good RP's they have.
2. Last game the CPU brought in Martin Perez in the 4th when Eovaldi was lit up, the same Perez that started the game before then left him out there while his stamina was completely empty and watched as he too got lit up.
3. Injury management is poor. Houston loses Carlos Correa and starts Brian McCann at SS, another game they start Avisail Garcia there. Could move Altuve to SS and start Tony Kemp at 2B but they refuse. They could slide Marwin Gonzalez to 3B and start Bregman at SS, they refuse, apparently an old catcher is the best option.

Some of that can be fixed with 30-team control, maybe all of it, but for those people who didn't set it up that way they are basically stuck.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #80
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

There have been a couple threads on the reliever stamina. One is a really old issue that's been in the game for years. The other is the fact that CPU relievers have way too much energy at the default slider level and can pitch multiple innings with no issue. I have to set it at 0 to even get close to a realistic result. I'll see if I can find the threads later.

I've had the infield error slider at 10 for months and have still only seen 1 legit throwing error by the CPU the whole time even with the slider maxed. Have seen a couple bobbles and drops, but even those are much rarer than they should be. They do throw in the dirt now and then, but it's always scooped or bobblied and recovered. Even with the slider at default, we should see an occasional offline or sailed throw.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-27-2017 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »