Home

MLB THE SHOW 17: Player Card Feature - No longer works since all the patches

This is a discussion on MLB THE SHOW 17: Player Card Feature - No longer works since all the patches within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #41
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB THE SHOW 17: Player Card Feature - No longer works since all the patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Wait. He's saying this was a bug & not just a part of the game as a feature? I don't get that. I don't honestly know if I believe that or not but we will have to take his word for it. I just don't see how it could be called a bug that was fixed. Am I missing something here or what? Thanks.
It does suck but it's not the first time. Few years ago we were able to type out the current/previous SCEA names and their facescan shows up and u're able to edit everything like you would with a CAP (other than the faces). But ya they got rid of it in a patch.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by JaFFiTh; 08-09-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #42
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

Re: MLB THE SHOW 17: Player Card Feature - No longer works since all the patches

Have you tried that with current SCEA players that are in the default roster? Anything different or the same with cards and CAP basic faces?

Old 08-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #43
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Have you tried that with current SCEA players that are in the default roster? Anything different or the same with cards and CAP basic faces?

It will only work with a hard disc of the game without any patches applied. So any players that SCEA added in updates that were veteran players then yes they would get a player card but not a scan face, but only if there photo card was available, some get one some don't.

So you know they DO NOT get a scan face either way, you would have a created face but they hide behind the photo player card almost like there still a real SCEA player.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #44
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

Yeah I knew about the patch and crap. Just wondered about the default SCEA players.

That's too bad cause I know lots of people weren't happy with some scans.. that would be definitely a way to get the face editable while still have the career stats/player cards. It'd be a win-win situation. Just means more work for the face editors lol. Not that it matters now.. it's gone.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #45
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Yeah I knew about the patch and crap. Just wondered about the default SCEA players.

That's too bad cause I know lots of people weren't happy with some scans.. that would be definitely a way to get the face editable while still have the career stats/player cards. It'd be a win-win situation. Just means more work for the face editors lol. Not that it matters now.. it's gone.

These players are all on my rosters and are editable still, just don't have there photo on there card anymore unless u play without the patches. Which does suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »