Home

RTTS CPU not throwing the ball = error?

This is a discussion on RTTS CPU not throwing the ball = error? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #1
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

OVR: 0
RTTS CPU not throwing the ball = error?

Playing RTTS, on multiple occasions now I've grounded to the shortstop and they field it cleanly but just don't attempt to throw me out at first. I have over 90 speed but they still should have been able to throw me out. However on every occasion it is scored either an error or fielder's choice. This should be ruled a single. What is going on?
1. Why aren't they throwing the ball?
2. What is wrong with the scorekeeper?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: RTTS CPU not throwing the ball = error?

If it is a routine grounder and they should have been able to throw you out it should be scored an error.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
If it is a routine grounder and they should have been able to throw you out it should be scored an error.
No, if he fields the ball cleanly and doesn't make a bad throw, then it is a single. It happens in baseball all the time...

Official rule:
Rule 10.12(a)(1) Comment: Slow handling of the ball that does not involve mechanical misplay shall not be construed as an error. For example, the official scorer shall not charge a fielder with an error if such fielder fields a ground ball cleanly but does not throw to first base in time to retire the batter.

A fielder's choice would be for the fielder throwing out someone at another base and I make it to first, but that's not happening either.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
No, if he fields the ball cleanly and doesn't make a bad throw, then it is a single. It happens in baseball all the time...

Official rule:
Rule 10.12(a)(1) Comment: Slow handling of the ball that does not involve mechanical misplay shall not be construed as an error. For example, the official scorer shall not charge a fielder with an error if such fielder fields a ground ball cleanly but does not throw to first base in time to retire the batter.

A fielder's choice would be for the fielder throwing out someone at another base and I make it to first, but that's not happening either.
Isn't he saying that the fielder is not throwing the ball though? If I field cleanly and throw over but he beats it out, that's a single. If i field cleanly and have a brain fart and forget to throw to first at all, that should be an error. And from the description of the issue, it doesn't sound like the case where a field would need to hurry but didn't and the runner beat the throw, or the fielder had to make a choice and chose not to rush a throw (like a slow roller, high chop or a ball hit in the hole). Maybe I'm missing what the OP is saying.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Isn't he saying that the fielder is not throwing the ball though? If I field cleanly and throw over but he beats it out, that's a single. If i field cleanly and have a brain fart and forget to throw to first at all, that should be an error. And from the description of the issue, it doesn't sound like the case where a field would need to hurry but didn't and the runner beat the throw, or the fielder had to make a choice and chose not to rush a throw (like a slow roller, high chop or a ball hit in the hole). Maybe I'm missing what the OP is saying.
You know, I take that back; rules do say that mental lapses which is what it sounds like the OP is saying are not errors. So if the game is literally having the fielder hold the ball after fielding it then it should be a hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
You know, I take that back; rules do say that mental lapses which is what it sounds like the OP is saying are not errors. So if the game is literally having the fielder hold the ball after fielding it then it should be a hit.
That's exactly what is happening, but my player is not being awarded a hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »