Home

Simulation stats that need some adjusting

This is a discussion on Simulation stats that need some adjusting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

OVR: 0
Simulation stats that need some adjusting

What are some stats that could use some tweaking to come out more “sim” in franchise mode? K/9 is def a big one for me. The top RPs just don’t get high enough K/9 for me. Even if I edit their K/9 attribute all throughout the year. It’s never high enough for the top tier strikeout guys. Also, RP usage is still suspect. Closers aren’t used enough.

Stolen bases also aren’t high enough for the top tier guys as well. To be fair though they do get a lot of them right I just wanted to bring to light a couple that bothered me and I’m sure I’m forgetting a few so if anyone can think of any others that might need some tweaking please feel free to leave a comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Simulation stats that need some adjusting

complete games. Far too many.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:51 AM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
complete games. Far too many.

Yeah, this is a tricky one to get right or even close to right. I have found pithing stamina for both SP and RP at 0 when you sim games will help some, along with doing some roster editing with pitcher stamina and durability to get more pitchers injured, since pitchers these days break like glass, I lower their durability quit a bit for some of these softies,lol.

Also I almost forgot, instead of simming the day or up to your game, sim each game individually, dont know why, but if you do this along with 0 stamina for pitchers, this does cut down on CG. Also it helps get Team ERA's up a tad as well, with pitchers stamina at 0, not by alot but it does boost it a little.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

There are a number of things out of whack with fielding statistics in the sim engine. Error rates, distribution of errors among the different positions, outfielder assist ratios, etc.

This is also creates a downward drag on ERAs. Even though there would be more unearned runs, there would also be fewer innings for starters (more baserunners, more runs, more pitches, etc...). When I lowered fielding ratings on a roster last year the thing that jumped out at me was the increase in run production. Should be no surprise, but with the way things are set up now you wouldn't want the normal error rates because you would likely wind up with too many runs. This may be why they just leave it alone.

The imbalances are drastic when you start fiddling with ratings. Dropping power ratings decreases the number of outfielder put outs way too much. I'm working on a dead-ball era roster with very low power ratings and when I sim a season, 3/4 of the outfielders have zero put outs despite playing full seasons and there are still too many home runs (and not a single sacrifice fly in the entire league). Ouch.

Seems when strikeout rates are lowered, 100% of the extra batted balls become infield grounders. When I checked this a few years ago, it was clear they became fly balls (outfielder put outs were off the charts). So they changed something since then.

In any case, I think the fielding side needs some work, but with respect to the sim engine, a good rule of thumb is that everything affects everything, so while trying to affect one particular statistic might be hard enough, overhauling the entire defensive side of things would be very difficult. I can see why it remains untouched.

Last edited by JTommy67; 10-07-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

For me is numbers of games RP are being used.. Lots of 100 GP for them.

SB % being too high. Very rarely I see players get close to 50% or even under with good numbers of steals. Rarely see double digits in CS with players who steals like 30+ times

OF gets 10+ errors regularly

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »