Home

Update 1.12?

This is a discussion on Update 1.12? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #9
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Update 1.12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
With the fact that both have been an "issue" all season long, I'm guessing they either can't fix the issue via patch, or its working as intended for this year and they will look into making changes for '18 based on community feedback.
Oh I know. I am overly critical of these guys. But hey, its mostly their own fault. If they did not put out one of the best Baseball games that has ever been made, I would not care if they could not fix something. But they do, usually, put out a wonderful product that I love and play above all others. So yeah I am a bit critical of these folks.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
They added The Show 18 ads to the stadium Jumbotron intros...

Not joking.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
frikkin' shameless!
Old 11-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by iorg16
frikkin' shameless!

???????

I don't understand why they should be ashamed of promoting their next game????

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #12
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
???????

I don't understand why they should be ashamed of promoting their next game????

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Same here, not sure why thats so wrong. Seems smart business to me

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-10-2017, 07:15 AM   #13
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

To see both of sides of it, I can kind of understand why some are bent about it. If they feel that they have not fixed this years game and are not happy about it to see in game adds for the next game can make you feel really tossed aside or like " hey you spent $60 (minimum) on our game, sorry we never got things fixed but here is an add for your next $60."

I was a little irritated by it when I first heard as well. I did not want to be in say year 2020 of a carry over franchise seeing adds for The Show 18 on the Jumbo tron. But as far as I can tell it is only in Exhibition games. While I still thinks it stinks of money grab, just like the rest of the marketing plan, and every other game company these days. I guess I really don't see a big issue with it, if it stays in Exhibition games only.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
To see both of sides of it, I can kind of understand why some are bent about it. If they feel that they have not fixed this years game and are not happy about it to see in game adds for the next game can make you feel really tossed aside or like " hey you spent $60 (minimum) on our game, sorry we never got things fixed but here is an add for your next $60."

I was a little irritated by it when I first heard as well. I did not want to be in say year 2020 of a carry over franchise seeing adds for The Show 18 on the Jumbo tron. But as far as I can tell it is only in Exhibition games. While I still thinks it stinks of money grab, just like the rest of the marketing plan, and every other game company these days. I guess I really don't see a big issue with it, if it stays in Exhibition games only.
I don't see how its a money grab. You know they are going to be releasing MLB '18, it's not a secret or anything. I mean, let's be real here, its just an ad.

As for the comment that, "we didn't fix things on the $60 spent so here's an ad to get your next $60", is really stretching to complain in my honest opinion. Every installment of the game has/had something "broken" or omitted that we wanted to see fixed in the next installment of the series. And its going to be the same thing in '18, in '19, etc....etc....

I mean you could carry that complaint over to when they start releasing information for '18. You could say, oh they fixed _________, well why didn't they fix it in '17? Because they want my $60 that's why. You could carry this complaint over to anything new that's added to '18 or fixed in '18.

It's just an ad. You're not forced to spend any money, just view an ad. I'm really surprised, though I guess I shouldn't be these days, that someone would get bent out of shape over an ad for next year's game in the current installment.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #15
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

That is the great thing about opinions, we can both have different ones.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #16
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

I sure hope that they don't change passed balls next year. Not being able to put just anyone at catcher is the best improvement from 16 to 17 imo.

Use a good catcher and you shouldn't have a problem with passed balls unless you are constantly throwing curveballs in the dirt.

Pitchers irl don't usually throw curveballs or forkballs in the dirt with men on base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »